Anyone ever seen a Les Paul Custom like this?

fry

Reaction score
I’m an 80s kid, so I always liked this guy and his band. I love his tone here, sounds great. But seriously, I’ve never seen a Les Paul like this. Pelham blue Custom with chrome hardware, and zebra humbuckers? It doesn’t sound right if you describe it, but I think it looks fantastic. So cool and unique, I just love it.

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 57 reissue TV Pelham blue custom with nickel hardware. Really cool guitar

Olds442

Reaction score
pelham blue with nickel isn't that odd of a finish selection, and a pro player installing pups they like isn't out of the norm either.

cool looking custom.

fry

Reaction score
pelham blue with nickel isn't that odd of a finish selection, and a pro player installing pups they like isn't out of the norm either.

cool looking custom.
I’ve just never seen a Custom in pelham. Gold hardware is almost always standard, wouldn’t look as good on the blue. I usually think open coil humbuckers look wrong on a Custom also. This all just works, though.

Olds442

Reaction score
I’ve just never seen a Custom in pelham. Gold hardware is almost always standard, wouldn’t look as good on the blue. I usually think open coil humbuckers look wrong on a Custom also. This all just works, though.
silverbursts usually have nickel or chrome. some black customs come with nickel. i saw plenty when i worked at sam ash. the "usual" is gold on the ebony or alpine white guitars though, absolutely.

Tdurden032

Reaction score
I dig it - haven’t seen one like that before but that’s nice...

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
I have thought about this thread a couple of times today.......

Didn't they do a "Custom Light" in that color? Was not called Pellham, I don't think......

tracii looking a little rough there......still a player though.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Not to split hairs, but I believe that those pups are "Reverse Zebra."

JTM45

Reaction score
I’m digging it, beautiful guitar.

Latest Threads