anyone ever hear of hear of guitarist Pat Cush ?

psychojohn

Reaction score
Grew up in the northeast near Philly. In the mid to late 70's there was a dude by the name of Pat "The Hat" Cush touring the small bar/club scene and this guy could really play. Although a teenager then, I was certain that if any local guitarist would ever make it to the big time, it would be him. Recently searched his name and it looks like he stayed in the North East. That he hasn't made a bigger splash nationally or internationally shows me just how tough the life of a professional guitarist can be or maybe he was just happy where he was. This guy had (has?) the chops, but couldn't score any of his playing to post.

Miss you Pat if you're out there

John

Walter Mills

Reaction score
Yes I actually played with Pat the hat. Back in the late 80s. Do you know what he is doing today? Please respond ASAP!!

Walter Mills

Reaction score
Okay, is that you playing along with Pat at that particular jam or is that him with another group of people. I know he had a little following in Allentown. Do you know or have you heard of anything from him recently you know he plays harmonica a lot these days far as I know. I've lost touch with him because I moved out of the country. And to whom am I speaking to could you please acknowledge? thank you so much,..

slug_maine

Reaction score
Slim Pickins came up in a search. Either of these 2 hat wearing guitar slingers look like him?

That's all I got, good luck with your search.

Walter Mills

Reaction score
No problem I dig Slim Pickens. Did you ever hear Pat Kush with Pickens to the song Sweet rain?

Dick Banks

Reaction score
...That he hasn't made a bigger splash nationally or internationally shows me just how tough the life of a professional guitarist can be...
The nature of the business.
The HUGE majority of players with GREAT chops will never "make it."
Some players of limited talent will.
There are ten thousand guys playing their guts out in a bedroom that will never make a dime.
Don't give up your day job.
Playing for a few friends in a small club is as good as it gets.

Freddy Herrmann

Reaction score
Okay, is that you playing along with Pat at that particular jam or is that him with another group of people. I know he had a little following in Allentown. Do you know or have you heard of anything from him recently you know he plays harmonica a lot these days far as I know. I've lost touch with him because I moved out of the country. And to whom am I speaking to could you please acknowledge? thank you so much,..
Walt Mills? Its Freddy Herrmann otto's friend.

Freddy Herrmann

Reaction score
Grew up in the northeast near Philly. In the mid to late 70's there was a dude by the name of Pat "The Hat" Cush touring the small bar/club scene and this guy could really play. Although a teenager then, I was certain that if any local guitarist would ever make it to the big time, it would be him. Recently searched his name and it looks like he stayed in the North East. That he hasn't made a bigger splash nationally or internationally shows me just how tough the life of a professional guitarist can be or maybe he was just happy where he was. This guy had (has?) the chops, but couldn't score any of his playing to post.

Miss you Pat if you're out there

John
Heroin and booze did it's number on him. I love Pat and Father Bob too.
FH

Mike R

Reaction score
Freddy
I see and talk with Pat Cush all the time. Played with him and Father Bob in Lonewolf and BBC bands
Take Care,
Mike R

Progression145

Reaction score
My dad used to play in a band with him. I found this forum trying to find any old recordings. Unfortunately Pat just passed away. He will be missed. If anyone has any recordings, I'm sure a lot of people would want to hear them.

Mike R

Reaction score
I have a whole bunch of Pat's songs
Pickens
Lonewolf

KShurgalla

Reaction score
My dad used to play in a band with him. I found this forum trying to find any old recordings. Unfortunately Pat just passed away. He will be missed. If anyone has any recordings, I'm sure a lot of people would want to hear them.
Can you please give me any information about Pat's death. My husband (deceased) and I were very close friends with the Pickins Band.

KShurgalla

Reaction score
Freddy
I see and talk with Pat Cush all the time. Played with him and Father Bob in Lonewolf and BBC bands
Take Care,
Mike R
Do you know if it's true that Pat Cush passed away? If you have any information please let us know. Thank you

Mike R

Reaction score
Pat passed away 4/21 at Frankford Torresdale Hospital. Waiting to hear about memorial hospitall

KShurgalla

Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know. Please keep me updated on any news and if you have an obituary that was printed.

KShurgalla

Reaction score
Just found some information.
Search:
Metropolitan Funeral Service. Go to the website and his name is listed.
James Patrick Cush
God Bless & Rest In Peace

Ohn Doogan

Reaction score
Very sad to hear of Pat’s passing. I recall stumbling into a club in New Hope PA and catching a set of a band Lone Wolf featuring Pat Cush on lead guitar. Pure genius. There was also an incredible bass player. He didn’t move around much on stage but man did his fingers fly! Does anyone know the bass players name? Him and Pat did some great riffing on one of Pats original songs Do Something Nice for yourself. Awesome.

Latest Threads