Anyone ever have a dreamkiller in their lives?

Superlizard

Reaction score
Chin up and keep punchin'.

And come November, things are gonna start getting a whole lot better. :thumb:

Mattyboy

Reaction score
Beer Dude,

Ya know that old saying "Ya gotta pick yourself up by your bootstraps", or something along those lines. We'll now's the time man. It'll all work out. Hang in there man!

Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Im not laying blame with this thread but I do feel I had a dreamkiller in my life growing up that steered me from following the path I should have. I know my life choices were mine in the long run but I feel I never had the support for the things I loved. I was made to feel that most everything I took intrest in was a pipe dream or just plain waste of time. After high school I was pretty much forced into going to a tech school to become an electrician. I hated it and still do. I ended up becomeing a mechanic by trade but that is because im good at it and understand it and I can make a decent living from it. Not because I really want to do that for the rest of my life. I guess its easy to blame others for my short commings but was it all me that ended me up here. If I had someone that had let me do what I wanted would I have ended up diffrent. Would I be well off and posting in the Gibson section sniffing cork instead of the Epi section standing up for the working mans LP? Who knows. I know its never to late to change your station in life but damn where did things go wrong. My body hurts all the damn time. I got busted knuckles stiff fingers and a constant worry in my head. I feel I give and give my time for no charge alot of time trying to help someone out hoping for good Karma to equal things out but it never seems t come around. I hav ate many shit sandwitches in my life and frankly im sick of them. It breaks my heart when my daughter ask me to stop at Mcdonalds for a happy meal and I have to tell her no because I dont have enough money. I got laid off in October and its been tough and I pull sidework to make ends meet but it has gotten slow. Sometimes I just want to pack my damn backpack and take off into te mountains and get lost for a while. Oh well I gues its just a rough patch and will get better someday and when It does Im going back to school to get a better job. F**k this shit. Advice for young dudes dont waste the time you have now to better yourself for the future. It will keep you from wanting to eat a bullet everyday you wake up. End of Vent. We now return you to our regualary scheduled program.

After finally reading through this (really paragraphs have a purpose) I can relate to pretty much all you are saying.

Especially the part about chronic broken ass syndrome...

Here is a little Kurt Vonnegut Jr. for you:

We do, doodley do, doodley do, doodely do,

What we must, muddily must, muddily must, muddily must;

Muddily do, muddily do, muddily do, muddily do,

Until we bust, bodily bust, bodily bust, bodily bust.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
First and foremost: enough of that eating a bullet shit. If I see it again I WILL call out sick, get my bored ass into my CRV and FIND YOU in SC to personally beat you about the face and neck, NY style.
Chin up, bro. I think we've ALL been tight with money and told our kids NO for even a trivial item like a happy meal. I feel like shit when I'm there, too so I understand. It'll get better. The world has always been a huge shit sandwich for most, it seems like our generation ordered triple the meat and they're all out of soda to wash it down. Get creative, man. Do what you gotta and most of all, BE A GOOD MAN AND A GOOD DAD. That there is free. I pray to Darwin for you, please keep me up to speed.

Jody

Reaction score
First and foremost: enough of that eating a bullet shit. If I see it again I WILL call out sick, get my bored ass into my CRV and FIND YOU in SC to personally beat you about the face and neck, NY style.
Chin up, bro. I think we've ALL been tight with money and told our kids NO for even a trivial item like a happy meal. I feel like shit when I'm there, too so I understand. It'll get better. The world has always been a huge shit sandwich for most, it seems like our generation ordered triple the meat and they're all out of soda to wash it down. Get creative, man. Do what you gotta and most of all, BE A GOOD MAN AND A GOOD DAD. That there is free. I pray to Darwin for you, please keep me up to speed.

Didn't see that in the original post,, Must have lost it in the wall of text.:laugh2:..(But I know he was posting on a phone,, so thats understandable the way this forum is acting)

And I have to agree with Joey on this ,, And will hop in my F-150 and motor to SC and help him knock some since into your Country A$$.......:cool::slap::D
Always Remember...
Taking that road is a PERMANENT SOLUTION TO A TEMPORARY PROBLEM....:slap:
I have been dealing with my own shit sandwich life has dealt me,, But you know my number man, And i'm sure you would have a better outlook after hearing about my 9 month, 5 course meal , I won't post my problems here publicly ,, But you do know a little about it.....

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Chin up and keep punchin'.

And come November, things are gonna start getting a whole lot better. :thumb:

I suspect that last statement has to do with the upcoming elections. But, whatever happens, and I have no crystal ball to see ahead,

there is a one-liner that can be a bringer of despair or hope. In this case, it can bring hope

This too, shall pass.

Rawhdney

Reaction score
Cheers to you beersiii for having a good jam and good buddies that pulled through for you! Best of luck with the work situation too.

At times, I think I'm my own best dream killer. Sparrow's quote of Paulo Coelho resonates pretty strongly. It's too easy to just let time pass and become complacent.

Lot of heavy posts and threads around here lately. Probably because times are tough out there now, sharing your fears or dreams with others is not a sign of weakness or something to be ashamed of.

MLP, cheaper than therapy.

Latest Threads