Anyone else using the brand new JJ frame grid E83cc tube yet?

irocdave12

Reaction score
In case some of you haven’t heard yet JJ just released in the last 2 weeks a genuine frame grid 12ax7 tube. It is a constructed clone tube of the legendary Telefunken ecc803s tube which is hailed as the best ever. I got a pair sent over from Europe and definitely some of the first production run. They are a simply great so far. IMO the best 12ax7 in the JJ line by far. None of the harshness usually associated with the JJ pre amp tubes. I’m really impressed. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten any yet in their amp and what results they are having? I know a few dealers have them in standard pin versions so far in the USA including Eurotubes. I did not want to wait for the gold pin version to be available here so I had mine shipped overseas to speed things up. It’s basically a reissue of the Tesla E83cc frame grid tube which JJ bought out years ago but this is the first real deal new production frame grid 12ax7 made in decades.

5B504938-2B51-4B00-AC5E-638FD14DD4F7.jpeg
EFB0BB18-5DAE-48FB-9306-836E4CEA6B93.jpeg

Last edited:

irocdave12

Reaction score
I meant to say before in my earlier post a few things about the tube. First I didn’t expect it to be this, but this tube has a huge low end in my amp and very nice mids. The highs aren’t ear piercing either. Compared to the Tesla version made years ago this tube has a better fuller bass response. Typically the Telefunken and Tesla clone were very neutral and clear but this tube has some character IMO. Another huge plus is this tube is Dead quiet! Not one bit of hum, buzz or hiss. I like it more everyday and will definitely be buying more of these as they become more available with the gold pins in the USA. Very impressed with this JJ tube. I paid about $60 for a pair with gold pins shipped from overseas

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
I got a notification that the tube was in stock.....and initially I was a bit pseudo-dyslexic in reading and thought that they'd got the regular 12AX7 version in for the first time. Until I read it properly it was a case of 'you needed to let me know that'

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting...JJ has always make a 'tough' tube but were always a little harsh on the top end in amps that could reveal it. Might pick up a few of these,

SparkyJones

Reaction score
Dang, all sold out. I guess I'll have to keep checking back. Always interested to try new preamp tubes.