Anyone else love "That 70s Show"?

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to think Prepon was smokin hot. She did an old maxim or stuff shoot back when. Really good lookin. She looks absolutely horrendous now.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I just Googled. She fell for the Hollywood plastic surgery too early. Those surgeons should be put on an island and left for dead.
It doesn't help that she's a ginger, with very ginger features, and she never has red hair anymore.

Also, she looked exactly like Axl Rose in drag so I didn't find her super attractive when she was younger either.

Still...

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Red the grumpy dad with the heart of gold-Kurtwood rocks! ROBOCOP TOO!
Red may be grumpy and put up a strong front, but he's not nearly as much of a hardass as he acts.

He still lets his home be host to a fleet of dumbass teenagers, still lets Hyde live in his basment (and gave him back all the rent he paid when he moved out) and really only gets pissed off at people being lazy dumbasses. Reasonable!

NRBQ

Reaction score
I remember liking the show and then losing interest as it wore on, so I only watched the first few seasons. Did Fez ever come out of the closet?

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
As a kid growing up in the ‘70s (with older teenage siblings), some parts of that show were spot on.

If you REALLY want to know what it was like growing up in the ‘70s, Bill Burr nailed it with F is for Family...

PeteK

Reaction score
F is for Family is hilarious! You can get away with way more in a cartoon I think. Plus Bill Burr writes it

fry

Reaction score
I was pretty small in the 70s, did not become a teenager until the 80s. That 70s show didn’t quite resonate with me because of that, I think. I didn’t watch it until it was in syndication, and it took a while to get into it, like any show. I thought it was pretty funny, but it didn’t blow me away. I always thought it was weird that the audience seem to be enjoying it a little too much, whooping and hollering, etc. “F” is for family, now that struck a chord with me. Reminded me of being a little kid in the 70s, and the father character reminds me of exactly how my dad used to be during that time.

mdittman

Reaction score
I started binging it on Netflix while on quarantine and I forgot how damn funny it is.

As a kid I related to the teenagers, but now as an adult I mostly relate to Red. They really are dumbasses.

"The Circle" is one of the best running gags a sitcom has ever had. What an awesome way to show potheads getting stoned without actually showing them getting stoned.
I must be in the minority here as I absolutely hated it. I was in high school in the 70's and this show was nothing like my experiences. It seems like a Disneyified, soy version of what someone who wasn't there thought of the 70's. Now Dazed and Confused got it exactly right. THAT was every bit the 70's that I experienced.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I must be in the minority here as I absolutely hated it. I was in high school in the 70's and this show was nothing like my experiences. It seems like a Disneyified, soy version of what someone who wasn't there thought of the 70's. Now Dazed and Confused got it exactly right. THAT was every bit the 70's that I experienced.
Soy?

LocoTex

Reaction score
"That '70s Show" was a watered down "Dazed and Confused". Still loved it!

redcoats1976

Reaction score
dazed and confused might have been filmed at my high school.i think the spicoli character was based on me,but i recieved no royalties.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Loved it when it was new and still enjoy the returns..

it’s most definitely the case where the last couple of seasons where in the toilet... by the end, Jackie made everyone her boyfriend at some point..... even Fez.... you sunnnofabish lol

Latest Threads