Anyone else love how little George Harrison wanted to be here?

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score

Look at him. Not just here, but in any of The Beatles's cutesy synchronized crap he does the bare minimum. Everyone else shrugs at the same time? He's not. Everyone's snapping their fingers to I Am the Walrus? He looks like he wants to kill someone.

Just give him his geetar, get the fuck out of his way and let him do his business.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Looks like he’s having fun.
No no you're mistaken, George is the guy in the middle who looks bored out of his mind. The guy goofing around impersonating Elvis is John Lennon.

Pennyman

Reaction score
I will never be able to hear that song again without seeing that in my mind. Thanks for that....

JTM45

Reaction score
He looks like he’s having fun, just a little uncomfortable in front of the camera?

TheWelder

Reaction score
I think it's hard to tell what he's thinking in this video. He seems to be having an OK time while still being a bit aloof...but isn't that Harrison in a nutshell?

( maybe he was tripping his face off at the time )
This is a plausible theory as well...
< checks close up shot of pupils at 1:09...yeah, it checks out >

bgh

Reaction score

Look at him. Not just here, but in any of The Beatles's cutesy synchronized crap he does the bare minimum. Everyone else shrugs at the same time? He's not. Everyone's snapping their fingers to I Am the Walrus? He looks like he wants to kill someone.

Just give him his geetar, get the fuck out of his way and let him do his business.
I know this may sound a bit petty, but I was more bothered when their playing wasn't matching what was coming out.

When we see someone on TV perform using a track, this always bothers me. My wife has heard it from me enough she can now pick up on it too.

But, this does not take away any from my love for the Beatles - and George in particular. I get the sense none of them were taking this too seriously. Kind of like they were spoofing on making a spoof video.

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
High af. Speaking of high why is Ringo up so damn high.....

Parts of this reminds me of this classic "performance"

Last edited:

Left Paw

Reaction score
George was introspective and somewhat anxious. He didn't like travel, and was more of a homebody. He was a very good songwriter who happened to be in a band with two of the best songwriters of all time. Not exactly a recipe for happiness.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
He's so thrilled to be doing this right now.

I know this may sound a bit petty, but I was more bothered when their playing wasn't matching what was coming out.

When we see someone on TV perform using a track, this always bothers me. My wife has heard it from me enough she can now pick up on it too.

But, this does not take away any from my love for the Beatles - and George in particular. I get the sense none of them were taking this too seriously. Kind of like they were spoofing on making a spoof video.
At 1:25 you can see Paul screw up the miming and make an "oh well" face. :laugh2:

dennis g

Reaction score
IMHO only, but GH was once quoted as saying something to the effect of "I always said I wanted to be successful, not necessarily famous." I personally think that he "tolerated" being a Beatle, while Macca and Lennon thrived on it. Regardless, what a talent, no?!?!

Latest Threads