Anyone Else Just Fine With Only One Les Paul?

TradPro2

Reaction score
Just curious, I am retired now and did well enough financially to be able to buy any number of new guitars.

However I just don't have any desire. Although my Avatar says TradPro2 I sold that and bought a 2014
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus new back in 14. I replaced the stock burst buckers with Dimarzios and
replaced the stock nut and bridge both with rollers, and that's it or modifications. I am done and I love it.

It plays beautifully and sounds fantastic to me. I honestly feel no reason to own more than this one guitar.
I get why a lot of players like to have many guitars, nothing wrong with having fun with variety.

Anyone else able to buy multiple guitars but really happy with the one they have and going to stay that way?

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Home only player. One and done has worked for me, going on 43 years.

I just added a second electric in the form of a built Strat project I've been wanting to for a long time.

A classic humbucker, single coil, 6 string and 12 string acoustic. I have trouble (fun) juggling all of those. :)

Last edited:

sonar

Reaction score
No.

I'm in both a band and an ongoing live project that might morph into a band. Neither project works with a humbucker Les Paul.

I love my LP. It's the guitar that got me back into playing after a 4-5 year hiatus and the guitar I love playing around the house. It just doesn't fit a particular aspect of my craft.

Platte City Paul

Reaction score
I could get by with one Les Paul, the 12 string acoustic, and the Tele in Open G for whatever we play on our set list so far. I just happen to have two other Les Pauls, and a six string Larrivee acoustic, and a PRS SE Custom, and an Epi Sheraton II, and a Warmouth Tele HH kit I made, but I only NEED the first three. Well, for now. ;)

BenjaminW

Reaction score
I used to play an Epiphone Les Paul for about 3 years until I got my first Gibson, which was my only Gibson for a year, until I recently got my Classic.

Fuggle

Reaction score
Perfectly happy with just my Studio Pro and my AmStd Strat. But I’ll be even more perfectly happier this summer when I get a Baja Tele and complete the holy trinity. :)

Guitpicky

Reaction score
Four seems to be the sweet spot for me... two electric and two acoustic. I started with a single acoustic (Takamine Santa Fe) but then gassed for an electric and bought my 2016 LP Standard.

Then I gassed for a high end acoustic because I spent too much time over at AGF and wanted something that would go toe to toe with any Martin or Taylor and just laugh. I went with Takamine again but this time with the top of the line EF75.

Not long after that I decided to do the same on the electric side of things and found a gorgeous McCarty 594 Wood Library. I honestly thought I was done there until I saw a 2018 Modern LP Custom that was a perfect fit for my personality and tastes.

I wasn't gassing for anything when the Custom came up, more like a perfect opportunity presented itself and I leapt into action. I knew if I could only have one Les Paul that was it so I traded in my Standard. I really liked that Standard but there is some kind of soul bond between me and that Custom.

At this point I can look at a hundred guitars a day and not gas for any of them. I love to look because I like guitars as an art form, but I've more than satisfied my own cravings. Given my skill level I maybe should have stopped at one, but having four has been a lot more fun :)

mdubya

Reaction score
I only have one Les Paul right now, an ES Les Paul with humbuckers. I want one with P-90's and that would be all I would need.

However, I have 6 other guitars as regular players which is really more than I need, but it is a nice problem to have. Plus, I have a dozen other guitars that are distributed around various other places; different houses, in storage, permanently loaned to brother, acoustics I never play, etc.

My one and only Les Paul. Not even a "real" LP.

Y9ypt7f.jpg

The exact same guitar with P-90's is on my short list. Maybe I'll get one of the "new Gibson" Standards with P-90's? I'd be happy with a 50's Tribute, too. It's gotta be a Goldtop, though. :thumb:

Latest Threads