Anyone else have trouble owning/playing a $2k guitar?

TXOldRedRocker

A Variant Of Unknown Origin
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this for people that would feel guilty being a part of this picture....

Fer.jpg

...and instead force themselves to be part of this? Out of some screwed up form of guilt?

Fat.jpg

Fuck that! I don't feel guilty about anything I accomplish or can buy.

frater106

Reaction score
You could open for the same price 7 Epiphone Les Paul Customs or a single Gibson Custom. Which one do you think makes more sense?!

C. Garrison

Reaction score
it's all relative. I've played some high end g's that didn't do squat for me, and one or two that stirred the soul just opening the cases. that's also happened to other japanese mfg'ers and *gasp* an epi or two that I own or have owned.

human are finicky and emotional. musical instruments that you love magnify that. I mean, I LOVE guitars through and through. can't get enough.
I just got rid of my 2019 Gibson Classic in Translucent Red for a 2017 Epi Goldtop! I'm now a happy camper.

Something about having a 2000 dollar guitar that really didn't play as well (for me anyway) as the 17 Goldtop Trad. Pro I picked up in it's place.

I'm no pro. Not even a great player. Only play at home in my old age. I just couldn't justify my Gibson Classic sitting there. I played it regularly, but c'mon...it should be playing itself! I've had this goldtop once before and just got it back...it just says "play me!"

Can't explain it, just had to be done. Got the Epi Goldtop, a Marshall DSL40C, and $700 for the Classic. I feel lighter now...better. Go figure.
I have a Gibson traditional pro iv that I love. Best sounding guitar I've even owned.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
You could open for the same price 7 Epiphone Les Paul Customs or a single Gibson Custom. Which one do you think makes more sense?!
I don't see the point having multiple near identical guitars, so in my case I'd go for one that I really like playing, regardless whether it's a Gibson Custom/Standard or Epiphone.

In answer to the OP I play my Gibson SG Standard at gigs because I really like how it sounds, plays and that it doesn't kill my back after 2-3 hours like my Epiphone LP does (though I'll never sell it as it was a 30th birthday present).

wildhawk1

Reaction score
The audience which is the one that determines great playing/tone and not you (surprise surprise) doesn't care anything about the gear you're using.

They don't care and can't tell if it's a $500 or $5000 guitar.

There's no problem owning or playing expensive gear as long as one has figured out nobody else cares.

LOSTVENTURE

Reaction score
A few years ago I took my 1956 Strat to choir practice at church. Nobody had any idea what they were looking at. A short while late I took my Epi Koa Custon to practice and heard nothing but comments on the guitar. Funny how a pretty face can make such a difference.

rbraad68

Reaction score
LOL no problem playing one at all!! I just have a problem paying for it!! These days things have come along way and you don't need to spend that kinda money on a decent guitar.. Epiphone's 59 outfit guitar for example.....

rbraad68

Reaction score
Is this for people that would feel guilty being a part of this picture....

View attachment 556969

...and instead force themselves to be part of this? Out of some screwed up form of guilt?

View attachment 556970

Fuck that! I don't feel guilty about anything I accomplish or can buy.

I think that is a little extreme man but hey you made your point.I can't speak for everyone else but first of all lol i don't think anyone would have pic #2 lol but seriously man who gives a ratts ass ?? Play what you can afford for me i owned all the high dollar shit it never made me play any better and at the end of the day i wound up selling it all anyways.. I personally like the Epi's i can buy like 3 of them and do what ever i want to them without worrying about the value cause they wern't worth shit to begin with....

Latest Threads