Anyone else carry pencils in their pockets?

JMT Guitars

Reaction score
As a slight sidenote does anybody carry pencils and pens in their pockets at all times? I do for ease of access. That bit me on saturday. Working with bandsaws, table saws and routers and other sharp and hazardous tools who'd of thought I would spend all my saturday night in hospital from the pencil. Managed to leave my trousers on the floor when I went for a shower and the pencil managed to poke out the pocket. Of course I stepped on it. The lead broke off in the wound and there was no way it was coming out so yeah. 4 hours in a&e and lots of digging with scalpels and blood later the lead comes out and now my foot hurts XD be careful with your writing implements and don't be a knob like me!

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ouch, dude. if you would had sat on it we could all take turns telling you to get the lead out of your...........nevermind. hope you heal up. I still have a piece of lead in my thigh from the playground in elementary school. (i'm 67 now). boy ran into me with a pencil in his pants pocket and broke the point of the pencil off in my leg. i also know of a lady that stepped on a toothpick in her house, lost her toes, then her foot, then her leg, then she died.

bungle

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. Only if I'm golfing, or breast pocket at work.

JMT Guitars

Reaction score
nope.

I carry a knife in my pocket, and usually between 3 and 17 guitar picks.

No pencils
Man I carry a leatherman and I absolutley shat myself cause I thought it had managed to unfold itself or I holstered it without folding it in a hurry and thought I had stepped on that....

TheKat

Reaction score
Ouch ... Get well soon! :sadwave:

:photos: oh sorry, that was the wrong smiley ....

What do we learn - Don't carry sharp items in your pockets, dont't leave clothes lying around. Next time you'll step on a sock and slip ..... sometimes it's right to give attention to what our moms used to say :eek:

JMT Guitars

Reaction score
Ouch ... Get well soon! :sadwave:

:photos: oh sorry, that was the wrong smiley ....

What do we learn - Don't carry sharp items in your pockets, dont't leave clothes lying around. Next time you'll step on a sock and slip ..... sometimes it's right to give attention to what our moms used to say :eek:
I always had a problem with that. I phoned my mum from the hospital and the first thing she said was "If I told you once I told you a million times- CLEAN YOUR ROOM!" ;)

w666

Reaction score
I know something about this...I have a pencil point in my wrist that's been there since elementary school. Pencils are graphite, not lead BTW.

JMT Guitars

Reaction score
I know something about this...I have a pencil point in my wrist that's been there since elementary school. Pencils are graphite, not lead BTW.
Yeah I know they haven't been lead for many years but its just what we call them over here in good ol England!

WhiteEpiLP

Reaction score
I have a pencil point in the palm of my left hand, been there for 20 years now. I also have pen ink in my ring finger on my right hand from when i was 11. I was horsing around with a friend kinda fake hockey fighting him and punched his pen. Stupid i know but i was 11. These are my two tattoos lol

Mike_LA

Reaction score
I absolutley shat myself cause I thought it had managed to unfold itself or I holstered it without folding it in a hurry and thought I had stepped on that....
Would have been a less painful repair I think . . . . . . .

SlingBlader

Reaction score
I have a bad habit of leaving tissue or a folded up paper towel in my pocket... so, not pointy or dangerous, but it makes a hell of a mess going through the laundry. :hmm:

Like my wife needed anything else to yell at me about. :facepalm:

Latest Threads