Anyone attend the 1992 LA gig by Gary Moore?

Emerald

Reaction score
In the UK through Facebook there has been a grassroots movement hosting a Gathering For Gary in his adopted home of Brighton, England. The weekend of Gary's birthday surrounding the 4th of April there are tickets for sale and many of Gary's fans are banding together to raise funds for a statue of Gary Moore in that town.
The Gathering for Gary Facebook page with ticket information I will post the link here. Many artists are donating their services including ex-Thin Lizzy guitarist Eric Bell a fellow Ulster man to Gary. The weekends events include visits to local haunts of Gary's and two events at local pubs that Gary had played at. He had moved to Brighton to be closer to his children and made a home for himself in Brighton.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGatheringforGary/
The Facebook page "I am a Gary Moore Fan and Proud of it"..which could have been my own personal mantra over the years! https://www.facebook.com/groups/iamagarymoorefan/
There is a yearly event in Hungary organized by Zoli of The Lord of the Strings the Gary Moore fan site which though quite far away for most fans is well attended and there have been tribute gigs in Ireland for Gary before.
In the case of Phillip Lynott there has been a "Vibe for Phillo" for several decades and there are several statues of Lynott in Ireland, as well as Rory Gallagher who is remembered in this fashion as well.
So it's time for Gary, five years on from his death. There is the upcoming sale of some of Gary's considerable gear this summer.
That Gary is gathering new fans as the years go passing by is fantastic.
That it is taking the actions of fans to help remember Gary is encouraging, it's just sad that a musician of his stature just seems to appear forgotten in the industry.
The power of the fans is sometimes required...
I have a question for the US Gary Moore fans. Did anyone attend a concert by Gary at the Universal Amphitheater in Los Angeles on Wednesday May 20th 1992. This was the start of the "After Hours" tour. Gary had two US shows scheduled, the LA show and the NYC show at the Beacon Theater which I attended, the first and only time I ever saw Gary live.
I never heard any review of or any audio/video of this show so my question is, did this concert ever go ahead?
The show is listed on the two concert t shirts I bought but never have over the years heard about this show, here is a ticket stub:

Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Emerald

Emerald

Reaction score
Came across a great interview from Gary circa 2007 where he was promoting the release of "As Close As You Get"
Gary mentions that he used Stripe with both pickups selected for the track "Trouble at Home' he says it has a Fender single coil type of tone.
I have brought it to the attention of fellow fans that Stripe also had it's neck pickup reversed!

BH) Right! [Laughing] Now, straying back to “Trouble At Home.”

GM) Yeah, the second track. It’s a slow D minor blues.

BH) Is that a Fender amp on that?

GM) Yeah! How’d you know that?

BH) It has that nice spring reverb sound.

GM) Yeah. Actually, it’s one of those little Fender Vibroverb reissues they made in the late eighties and early nineties, the little brown one with the two ten inch speakers. It’s a reissue but it’s like seventeen years old now. [Laughing] It’s like a vintage amp that was a reissue at the time. I bought two at the same time. It’s a great little amp. It’s 40 watts with volume, bass, treble, and reverb. That’s all you need. You just whack up the reverb and whack up the volume to where it’s just on the edge of breaking up. That’s a Les Paul on there, my ’59 Les Paul, on both pickups.

BH) Is that the Peter Green guitar?

GM) No. It’s my other one, from “Still Got The Blues.” When I put both pickups on, it almost has kind of a Fender-y sound. It’s got a nice kind of middle sound.

BH) Yes, it does.

GM) Some people might think it isn’t a Gibson at all, especially thru that amp. That’s a great recording amp (the ’62 Vibroverb Reissue). I’ve never gotten a bad sound out of it when recording. It’s very simple, very easy. Just put one mic on it and you’ve got it.

Gary Moore Interview
Emerald

Emerald

Reaction score
I contacted the seller and he indeed attended the Gary Moore concert in LA!

poppahigie

Reaction score
In the UK through Facebook there has been a grassroots movement hosting a Gathering For Gary in his adopted home of Brighton, England. The weekend of Gary's birthday surrounding the 4th of April there are tickets for sale and many of Gary's fans are banding together to raise funds for a statue of Gary Moore in that town.
The Gathering for Gary Facebook page with ticket information I will post the link here. Many artists are donating their services including ex-Thin Lizzy guitarist Eric Bell a fellow Ulster man to Gary. The weekends events include visits to local haunts of Gary's and two events at local pubs that Gary had played at. He had moved to Brighton to be closer to his children and made a home for himself in Brighton.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGatheringforGary/
The Facebook page "I am a Gary Moore Fan and Proud of it"..which could have been my own personal mantra over the years! https://www.facebook.com/groups/iamagarymoorefan/
There is a yearly event in Hungary organized by Zoli of The Lord of the Strings the Gary Moore fan site which though quite far away for most fans is well attended and there have been tribute gigs in Ireland for Gary before.
In the case of Phillip Lynott there has been a "Vibe for Phillo" for several decades and there are several statues of Lynott in Ireland, as well as Rory Gallagher who is remembered in this fashion as well.
So it's time for Gary, five years on from his death. There is the upcoming sale of some of Gary's considerable gear this summer.
That Gary is gathering new fans as the years go passing by is fantastic.
That it is taking the actions of fans to help remember Gary is encouraging, it's just sad that a musician of his stature just seems to appear forgotten in the industry.
The power of the fans is sometimes required...
I have a question for the US Gary Moore fans. Did anyone attend a concert by Gary at the Universal Amphitheater in Los Angeles on Wednesday May 20th 1992. This was the start of the "After Hours" tour. Gary had two US shows scheduled, the LA show and the NYC show at the Beacon Theater which I attended, the first and only time I ever saw Gary live.
I never heard any review of or any audio/video of this show so my question is, did this concert ever go ahead?
The show is listed on the two concert t shirts I bought but never have over the years heard about this show, here is a ticket stub:

Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Emerald
I was there. Just saw this question since I was searching for info on that gig. Fun gig!! I remember the support act was a guy named Larry McCray who did a great set. I was in a little awe of seeing Gary live. Thanks for posting the pic of that shirt!!

Latest Threads