anybody using sigil 68 Chicago pickups or sigil pickups?

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if anybody has any experience with these pickups because I've been really curious about them. All opinions are welcomed. Thanks guys

theycallmetex

Reaction score
David makes some great pickups. I have owned London ‘66, Fillmore’71, fire & Water ‘70, and black magic sets

ezra1

Reaction score
I have the first prototype of a Kossoff wind with 50s wire.
Also the Peter Green set.
Good stuff.....David has great ears

Roxy13

Reaction score
I have the Bluesman set in a Tokai all mahogany LP custom type of guitar. I like them a lot, but it's hard to recommend pickups to someone else without knowing the characteristics of their guitar, what genres, and what amps and pedals they use.

I also have a lot of guitars so if I hadn't been as happy with them in that particular guitar there was little doubt in my mind that I would have loved them in something I have.

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
I have the Bluesman set in a Tokai all mahogany LP custom type of guitar. I like them a lot, but it's hard to recommend pickups to someone else without knowing the characteristics of their guitar, what genres, and what amps and pedals they use.

I also have a lot of guitars so if I hadn't been as happy with them in that particular guitar there was little doubt in my mind that I would have loved them in something I have.
Itd be for a es 335, genres blues soul r&b neo soul and jazz. No pedals at all all clean tones for me and a rebuilt ptp 5f6a circuit 59 tweed bassman ltd

judson

Reaction score
i have a set and they are great!..i think you will be happy with them for what you described above. Alot of variables as Roxy mentioned.

you just gave me an idea to test drive them in my 335 as I just bought a set of 71 Filmore Sigils from the MLP classified here and replaced the Bluesman set.

the Bluesman are going into my 2006 R8 or a 89 335 might be fun as well, more i think about it they probably will sound great in a 335.

I really like Sigils humbucks and Lollar for P90s...both are great and work for me!

get the 68 Bluesman you will be happy with them, if not let me know as I always could use another set!!!

judson

Reaction score
I use all of them ;)

hey i just wanted to let you know those Filmores i got from Nick sound great.

as i mentioned above , the Bluesman will end up in one of my others, plus i discovered those have double creams as well...they have aged covers for now.

....you do great work and i am still kicking my self for not buying a set of the original wire Holy Grail sets you did when as a few came up for resale....
:slap:

archey

Reaction score
I have the Holy Grail's in this. They sound phenomenal.
20211101_110528.jpg

Latest Threads