Anybody here an admin at your sister site, Strat Talk?

Maggot_Brain

Reaction score
Got an issue with the actual forum itself over there that needs to be resolved but no one there has access to the back end of the forum in order to fix it.

Do you guys know of anyone I can contact to see about getting the alert notifications fixed at Strat Talk? Unlike all of the other Enthused Digital sister forums, ST doesn't show notifications on the forum. You have to click your avatar, bring up the selection box, and then click notifications. On every other forum, including here, you just click the notification bell and it shows your notifications. Well the bell is missing at Strat Talk and has been for 18+ months.

Ironically, when whoever it was modified the forum to add the latest Giveaway to the Taskbar at the top of the page, it fixed it. I even posted a thread asking the admin to leave it that way after the giveaway because the forum was finally fixed after 18 months but it didn't happen. We're back to no notification bell. It's all laid out in the thread below:

So does anyone know who I can contact? @Alex ? Anyone else?

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it. Please don't immediately lock this. I'm hoping to get some useful info out of this. Thanks again.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The notifications bell has always been there for me. Never went away. What kind of device are you using?

1637501235161.jpg

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that on occasion the Xen platform seems to forget watched threads as far as notifications are concerned.... Still watched but notis don't get posted.....

Maggot_Brain

Reaction score
The notifications bell has always been there for me. Never went away. What kind of device are you using?

View attachment 573178
Google Chrome on a Galaxy S9. It doesn't matter what browser I use, though.

I emailed Enthused Digital and they forwarded it to the IT Team so hopefully it'll get addressed. As far as I can tell, it's trying to render the website for a screen size/resolution that's larger than what I have. The edge of the screen would be cut off, as if my screen it too small to display everything. Ends of sentences would just be cut off instead of wrapping around to thr next line, for example.

Realizing that, I went in and adjusted some of my 'Display' settings and have temporarily fixed it by zooming out. That also made my text 50% smaller but it's showing the notification bell, now, so that's good lol. Hopefully ED finds the issue and fixes it. Because as I told them, it's only an issue at Strat Talk. All of their sister sites display fine, including MLP.

Anyway. I appreciate the replies, you guys.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Got an issue with the actual forum itself over there that needs to be resolved but no one there has access to the back end of the forum in order to fix it.

Do you guys know of anyone I can contact to see about getting the alert notifications fixed at Strat Talk? Unlike all of the other Enthused Digital sister forums, ST doesn't show notifications on the forum. You have to click your avatar, bring up the selection box, and then click notifications. On every other forum, including here, you just click the notification bell and it shows your notifications. Well the bell is missing at Strat Talk and has been for 18+ months.

Ironically, when whoever it was modified the forum to add the latest Giveaway to the Taskbar at the top of the page, it fixed it. I even posted a thread asking the admin to leave it that way after the giveaway because the forum was finally fixed after 18 months but it didn't happen. We're back to no notification bell. It's all laid out in the thread below:

So does anyone know who I can contact? @Alex ? Anyone else?

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it. Please don't immediately lock this. I'm hoping to get some useful info out of this. Thanks again.
Alex would be the guy to contact, that's all I've got .

Maggot_Brain

Reaction score
Alex would be the guy to contact, that's all I've got .
Thanks. I got in touch with a contact at ED and they're looking at upgrading the forum to the newest software, now, IIRC. I'd have to go back and read the email. They also said they'll be putting in more avenues to get in touch with someone there since all they had were the Marketing Director and the President listed as contacts at the website. So looks like I did some good!

I wish I had thought of this 18 months ago lol

Latest Threads