Anybody going to Sweetwater GearFest ?

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been a few times previously, and it is always fun.

This year, Fri. June 17, and Sat. June 18 (Located in Fort Wayne, IN)

Sweetwater Gearfest 2016

Huge parking area with about 20 or so LARGE tents set up with all forms of musical gear, Demo sessions, "clinic" sessions by known players. Indoor and Outdoor stages and clinic rooms. Food trucks and a cafeteria available. Lots of Giveaway goodies. (Even some big $ items !) Free Re-string job on your Guitar or Bass.

They often have VERY good deals on selected items, as well as decent pricing on most everything that they carry. Meeting with Manufacturer Reps (and often the company owners, etc.) is a very interesting way to experience the gear lust we all have. I've met and talked with Bruce Egnater, Dan Boul (65 Amps), Brian Wampler, Carl Verheyen, Billy Sheehan and several others.

I'll be going on the Friday this year (usually a little smaller crowd on Friday, and I have a commitment for Sat.). If anyone is interested in meeting up, I'd enjoy meeting some new fellow MLP'ers. :wave:

(Posting here in Backstage to get the most eyeballs, I will cross-post in the meet-up thread)

fry

Reaction score
Wow, that does sound like a good time. A good friend of mine, a fellow MLP'er and I have actually talked about going over there before. It would be about a 3 1/2 hour drive for us, but would be worth it for something like that. Make a whole weekend adventure out of it, not sure if I can get it done that weekend or not.

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fry,

I'm pretty far away myself, about 2.5 hrs. The drive is worth it though. It is amazing to see just how big an operation Sweetwater actually is.

They added RV parking and camping for this year ! I've just felt that I could get it all done in one day in the past. Start out early, get home late, have a blast in between.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, but I will be attending the Ashley Madison sleazefest. :D

kevinpaul

Reaction score
We only have a couple Guitar Centers, I go there and have my own private little gear feast.
No one knows about it but me. I use their wifi and buy stuff from eBay. Take a break and blast one or two of their amps.

truckermde

Reaction score
Fry,

I'm pretty far away myself, about 2.5 hrs. The drive is worth it though. It is amazing to see just how big an operation Sweetwater actually is.

They added RV parking and camping for this year ! I've just felt that I could get it all done in one day in the past. Start out early, get home late, have a blast in between.

2.5 hrs is close out west :)

Wish I could go.

Have fun!

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I've been before, and it's a lot of fun! But I don't think I'll make it this year.

BillK01

Reaction score
We only have a couple Guitar Centers, I go there and have my own private little gear feast.
No one knows about it but me. I use their wifi and buy stuff from eBay. Take a break and blast one or two of their amps.

Have you never been to Pianos N Stuff Kevin? That place is a helluva lot better than either of the miserable GCs we have. You might even run into Reb Beach while you're there! He's a fairly regular customer from what I've heard.

Latest Threads