Anybody ever make coffee with coffee?

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
This doesn't work. The coffee will burn inside the coffee maker. It's the exact reason why 90 percent of gas station and restaurant drip coffee tastes burnt; they use the coffee pot to refill the water and there is coffee residue in it when they do so.

jkes01

Reaction score
Our coffee pot has built in charcoal filters and I still use filtered water. I personally would never run anything else but filtered water in it, except white vinegar for descaling.

If you want it stronger, just up the amount of coffee grinds.

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Our coffee pot has built in charcoal filters and I still use filtered water. I personally would never run anything else but filtered water in it, except white vinegar for descaling.

If you want it stronger, just up the amount of coffee grinds.
Yeah but what I made coffee with double coffee grinds then took that coffee and made more coffee also with double grinds.

Last edited:

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I like percolated coffee. The coffee does go back through the coffee grounds many times before it's ready. I like fresh coffee though. If you are talking about using yesterdays coffee as the "water" in today's brew then i'm out.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
A guy my late bro worked with did it all the time....

Whatever was left in the pot the next morning, he put water on top of it and ran it again with fresh grounds....

I guess he thought it might be like sour dough bread mash....just gets better over time....

He NEVER rinsed anything out or dumped old coffee..... Recycling to the max....