Anybody else out there dig the WCR Ironman set?

CustomClassic59

Reaction score
Just curious... As I outlined in my post in the "WCR Betset" thread, I use & love the Ironman set above all others. Ceramic mag, wound hot. Lemme know, Y'all...

redlir

Reaction score
Just curious... As I outlined in my post in the "WCR Betset" thread, I use & love the Ironman set above all others. Ceramic mag, wound hot. Lemme know, Y'all...
Stop putting more ideas in my head :D

EEF13

Reaction score
I have always wanted to try a set of Ironmens

Fixxxer

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yes. I forgot what mag I have in mine but the bridge is SWEET. The neck causes a little distortion on the clean channel, but just roll the volume pot down.

I recommend them.

PINKBITS

Reaction score
I too have always wanted to try these. Maybe with an a5 mag though.

They would have to rip :dude:

CustomClassic59

Reaction score
Well, I know Jim used to offer them with a choice of different magnets, and I think he still does. He's a pretty flexible guy to deal with. The first Ironman bridge pup I recieved (for a BC Rich Mockingbird) came with an Alnico 8 installed, and a ceramic along with it. I later installed the ceramic mag & that's when I REALLY fell in love with this pickup!

captcoolaid

Reaction score
After talking with Mr.Wagner I can see why he is useing the ceramics in the Ironman set Gonna call him this weekend and see what the bridge is for them.

CustomClassic59

Reaction score
Cool, Bro! Good luck with the pup! I hope you love it as much as I do. Lemme know how you like it...

Rock & Roll!!

smorgdonkey

Reaction score
I have had aone of these pickups for quite a while. It's a pretty smokin' azz kicker to say the least. I pulled it out of a guitar that I decided to sell a few months ago and haven't decided which guitar to put it in.

Great and different pickup to say the least.

CustomClassic59

Reaction score
It is, indeed. I love it in an LP for sure. I really dig the way it sounds with a mahogany body. Definitely a chunk machine...

Kinetic

Reaction score
It is, indeed. I love it in an LP for sure. I really dig the way it sounds with a mahogany body. Definitely a chunk machine...
They sound cool! So the crunch, palm mutes, harmonics are sick, but how well does it respond to a slight roll off on the volume? Can I get hard rock cruch or even bluesy crunch, or is it only designed for metal??

CustomClassic59

Reaction score
Actually, one of my favorite things to do here at the house is set the amp for a full-on gain & roll the volumes back for a sweet, creamy blues lead tone. I can sit here all night wailin' away like that...

Latest Threads