Anybody attach pedals to their pedalboard without using Velcro?

spoony

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I have some nice vintage pedals in great condition and I don't want to damage them by using Velcro. Have you guys and gals used other methods of securing your pedals? If so what was your experience using an alternative?

Thanks,

s

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only other method I know of is a zip tie around it and through holes in either side. If I did it that way I'd run the ties through surgical tubing so as not to mar the finish.

AJK1

Reaction score
Wrap them in plastic and cut holes for the knobs to stick through

StubbyJ

Reaction score
If bottom plate screw length will allow you can use bicycle chain lengths (one side of one section). Screw one end on pedal using pedal plate screw and the other end on board (wood) or run zip tie through hole if using metal board. I hope this makes sense.

bad565ss

Reaction score
I use zip ties. Everything stays tight and in place while traveling or packing.

tzd

Reaction score
I don't use velcro.

I have two alternatives:

1. Aclam SmartTrack https://www.aclamguitars.com/pedalboardsystem
Pros: very nice and neat system
Cons: very expensive, and it takes time to screw the holders in place
Good for putting together a fixed board to use on gigs, but not good if you like to swap pedals around.

2. Buy a roll of this thin velcro strip:

I cut them to the perimeter of my pedals, and build a 'wall' by stacking 3-5 layers of the strip on top of each other.

Then I put my pedals on the pedalboard with the velcro wall surrounding the pedal. It holds the pedals in place, but of course the pedals are not firmly attached to the board.

When I need to transport this pedalboard setup, I use an elastic cord like this one https://www.zzounds.com/item--GRVVSOLO2BG to wrap around the board and pedals, and it holds it in place to fit inside the pedalboard carrying case.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can use a router table and some ABS plastic sheet to make new bottom plates. It's real easy to use the original plate as a template to make a new one, then drill and countersink the holes. This also allows an easy way to get a wire through for a power cable.

btw - don't use HDPE sheet. It's cheaper than ABS and plenty strong, but nothing will stick to it without complicated treatments or products.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I use 10 penny galvanized nails. Is that wrong?

Seriously, I've used the inch wide velcro tape. You make a loop of the opposite from whats on your board. I.E. if the board has 'hooks', you use the fuzzy loop tape. Make it long enough for circunfrance of pedal. Wrap it around pedal near bottom and/or a 2nd on top. Use a small strip of the other 1" tape (i.e. hook for above) to close it tight on pedal.
Push onto board.

My Les Paul Classifieds