Any Value

Doc Music

Reaction score
THe nice thing about being old is anything you bought in the 60s is now antique. I have a Maestro Wah Wah Built by Gibson that I bought new in 1968, it takes a C battery sized 9 volt battery with the male and female ends where the terminals are on a C battery. I cannot find them anywhere.

Does it have any value as a colletors item, its pristine.
Anyone know where I can get a battery for it. I played it with my Guild Starfire II, pre Dirty Dancing in the Catskill Mountains in a 4 piece dance band. Since 2003 I play blues with my LP Standard and Special. A true Gibson Guy now.

Any help is appreciated.

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It probably does have some collector value, I have no idea how much though.

I'm older than dirt too, but I can't remember those batteries. Perhaps you can rig up some kind of adapter to use a standard 9 v battery, maybe just a piece of dowel with terminals on the ends. Hopefully there's enough room to put a std 9 v in there.

I wouldn't suggest wiring in for a std 9 v though, if it's perfect I think you should try to keep it that way.

I've got a beat up old Maestro Fuzz btw :)

drewbertca

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
or you could send it here and I'll mod it and keep it for myself....

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had one of those! I put a jack on the side and used a power supply. Noisy but cool, that one.

Cantu

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Whats the model number?

If it's a WW-1 its worth $150 to $250 and they were made from 71 to 75.

Try RS Electronics, Newark or Digikey!!
I think the old Simpson Volt/Ohm meters had that same battery and they are still being used by some people, so the battery might still be made!

Latest Threads