Any thoughts about the Origin 20 combo

Tobaccoburst83

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to buy a smaller tube Combo I can also use for gigs. New or used...

What do you think about the Origin 20C?
Also thought about an AC15C1 nur a lot of people are telling they are picky amps...?!
Another fine amp would be a Peavey Classic30 I used to own once.

What would you recommend for Blues, Rock, Hardrock, Southern Rock?

Rds

Reaction score
Those are fine amps listed. I got a used in great shape Marshall dsl40c. Love the thing! And switchable to 20 watts.

jwinger

Reaction score
I played one at a jam once and was very impressed. Thought it sounded excellent and I normally play through a few fairly nice vintage fenders so they set quite a high benchmark. Again, I though it sounded excellent for the price. I would be tempted to opt for that over the vox...I agree that, in my experience, they are quite picky amps particularly if you use pedals

Tobaccoburst83

Reaction score
This would be the point. I would like to push the Origin in case I would buy this one. I've heard it takes pedals very well.

What about the lack of low-end many people are talking about?

Tobaccoburst83

Reaction score
I played one at a jam once and was very impressed. Thought it sounded excellent and I normally play through a few fairly nice vintage fenders so they set quite a high benchmark. Again, I though it sounded excellent for the price. I would be tempted to opt for that over the vox...I agree that, in my experience, they are quite picky amps particularly if you use pedals
You're writing about the Origin, right? That's great.

redking

Reaction score
Fender Pro Jr. - then either order a Mojotone aftermarket cabinet with a 12 inch speaker and transplant it into that, or get an external 2 x 12 and plug into that with the speaker out. Sleeper amp that will blow your doors off.

Johan

Our very own Alvin Youngblood Hart (@AlvisX) killing it here without an overdrive pedal - just straight in

Last edited:

jojo

Reaction score
Heard the origins have like zero bass

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fender Pro Jr. - then either order a Mojotone aftermarket cabinet with a 12 inch speaker and transplant it into that, or get an external 2 x 12 and plug into that with the speaker out. Sleeper amp that will blow your doors off.

Johan

Our very own Alvin Youngblood Hart (@AlvisX) killing it here without an overdrive pedal - just straight in
Yep.
Likewise, the Blues Junior gets a bad rap, and only part of that is deserved from the solid state reverb recovery.
The main reason they sound bad is simply the cabinet is too small for a 12" speaker.
You've got an amp and speaker comparable to the 5E3 in a cabinet the size of a 5F2-A.
I generally ran my Blues Junior into my 4x10 and it really opened it up.

Latest Threads