Any Strymon Timeline users?

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m seriously considering getting a Strymon Timeline. I’ve been researching and studying for about 2 weeks now and have gone back and forth between a number of units but the Timeline seems to have it all.

Then I saw the That Pedal Show fellas goosing one with an Echoplex preamp type pedal and was sold on its ability to do extremely convincing tape echo tones. Not to mention the incredible analog and digital delays as well. I figure with an EP preamp and my TC Electronic Drip Speing Reverb, there should be no limits.

Anyone have one? Thoughts?

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a timeline. I love it.

The tonz out of this thing are incredible and virtually unlimited, but the pedal itself is not exactly user friendly, like most of the Strymon gear.

If you are willing to take the time to explore and figure out the thing, then it is very worth your while. If you are expecting a plug and play stomp box, you will be disappointed. Strymon stuff seems to fit studio situations better than live playing. The Timeline is awesome but a little difficult to navigate.

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a timeline. I love it.

The tonz out of this thing are incredible and virtually unlimited, but the pedal itself is not exactly user friendly, like most of the Strymon gear.

If you are willing to take the time to explore and figure out the thing, then it is very worth your while. If you are expecting a plug and play stomp box, you will be disappointed. Strymon stuff seems to fit studio situations better than live playing. The Timeline is awesome but a little difficult to navigate.
I’m a home player and hobbyist exclusively. I don’t play in bands so I have all the time in the world to mess with it and while I plan on having presets, etc. I have the luxury of not needing them at the ready.

Two of the other delays I’m still considering is the TC Electronic Alter Ego X4 and the Strymon Volante. Yet the timeline seems to have it all but as you can see I’m a bit overwhelmed with the selection available to me.

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The El Capistan is pretty cool too. Strymon makes the best delay/modulation pedals on the planet, but they all are a little intimidating at first. :) Well they were for my dumb ass

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The El Capistan is pretty cool too. Strymon makes the best delay/modulation pedals on the planet, but they all are a little intimidating at first. :) Well they were for my dumb ass
I entertained a number of delay pedals including the El Cap and Volante. Part of me really wants the Volante but I think the Timeline will give me the tape, analog, digital and reverse tones I want. Plus it was amazing hearing Dan and Mick from TPS hitting it with the EP Booster.

Latest Threads