Any Phaez DragonFly Owners - Opinions on amp

kmrumedy

Reaction score
Yes....I know how to use the search button. Have YOU tried the putting "Phaez" in the search box in this section!!?? F-me!!

I like doing my research on my own before asking questions...but....read 63 + page threads!!?? Sorry guys.

I was very interested in purchasing the DragonFly model. There is only one Dragonfly video on Youtube but it is not very well done (my apologies if this is a MLP video but the recording level is too low). Read a few lines on many threads but no real detail.

I like the Blackface/Dumble combo and was wondering if any owners can chime in on their experience with this specific amp. Yes...all the other models are amazing. Just interested in reading specifics on this one for now.

Specifically how well does it deliver both circuits? Also, is there an option for reverb and attenuators on this model? Does Phaez build removable metal grills to protect tubes as an option rather than building traditional wood casings?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

rocknhorse1

Reaction score
Email Randy directly is my best advice as far as options. As far as I know...No reverb...no attenuators. I don't know if he is still doing a half power switch os not. The half power switch on my 18 watt really doesn't do anything as far as volume goes, and I never use it. I would just rather use the master volume.

Member Singlecut has a HRM Dumble/Hot Cat Phaez amp.

Tuya Customs

Reaction score
Yes. I saw that thank you. Just hoping he chimes in.

Didn't you have a really nice JTM/Dumble for sale? Did it sell?

It was sold to a member here. Rykus. Talk to Randy, he is very informative.

rocknhorse1

Reaction score
Yes....I know how to use the search button. Have YOU tried the putting "Phaez" in the search box in this section!!?? F-me!!

I like doing my research on my own before asking questions...but....read 63 + page threads!!?? Sorry guys.

I was very interested in purchasing the DragonFly model. There is only one Dragonfly video on Youtube but it is not very well done (my apologies if this is a MLP video but the recording level is too low). Read a few lines on many threads but no real detail.

I like the Blackface/Dumble combo and was wondering if any owners can chime in on their experience with this specific amp. Yes...all the other models are amazing. Just interested in reading specifics on this one for now.

Specifically how well does it deliver both circuits? Also, is there an option for reverb and attenuators on this model? Does Phaez build removable metal grills to protect tubes as an option rather than building traditional wood casings?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would actually take the time to READ the 63 page thread. You will have many of your questions answered, as well as get to know who owns what. Then you can ask the right person the correct questions. These threads are only good if people read them. If not, we end up repeating ourselves over, and over, which makes for a very boring forum. So, take an hour or two and read it wont hurt you, and you will know a lot more about these amps.:thumb:

aneas fool

Reaction score
I appreciate what you are saying but the only 63 page threads I would take that kind of time to go through would have to be filled with large breasted women!! That's just how I roll man! :D

Yea but there is no imfo on phaez in playboy although some nice pics to see...maybe some day Phaez could be shown there

tojo

Reaction score
I do have a dragon fly but will post more later, on a plane now and they are making me shut down, sorry...

I love it, in short.

rocknhorse1

Reaction score
I appreciate what you are saying but the only 63 page threads I would take that kind of time to go through would have to be filled with large breasted women!! That's just how I roll man! :D

Yeah, well you "roll" pretty lazy.:thumb:

You have 63 pages of answers, and you want us to do all the work...again? C'mon, it's your amp, you do the research.
May sound harsh, but I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. I may be the only one to say it. I am honest, and I call it like I see it.:)

kmrumedy

Reaction score
Yeah, well you "roll" pretty lazy.:thumb:

You have 63 pages of answers, and you want us to do all the work...again? C'mon, it's your amp, you do the research.
May sound harsh, but I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. I may be the only one to say it. I am honest, and I call it like I see it.:)

I am sure you are not the only one that feels that way....but you are certainly the only one whining and bitching about it.

I asked a very specific question about buyers experience with a specific model and details of their experiences. That info is NOT in the 63 page thread. I went through it. Did you? I read just after I posted and see reverb is not an option and he did use to offer power switch cut off but there is some question if it is still offered. Question still stands.

I have contacted Randy. It was the first thing I did just waiting for response.

I know my stuff just not this model or maker. I am not a newbie....so THIS might sound harsh.... but screw off already. Seriously. You're like a little knat that won't go away.

If I want anymore of your lip I'll scrap it off my zipper.

Message received???

Tuya Customs

Reaction score
^I would edit that post if I were you, he's trying to help quit being a dick

By the way you can search within a thread :rolleyes:

Search dragonfly in the when are you getting a phaez thread and you're bound to find info

singlecut

Reaction score
I am sure you are not the only one that feels that way....but you are certainly the only one whining and bitching about it.

I asked a very specific question about buyers experience with a specific model and details of their experiences. That info is NOT in the 63 page thread. I went through it. Did you? I read just after I posted and see reverb is not an option and he did use to offer power switch cut off but there is some question if it is still offered. Question still stands.

I know my stuff just not this model or maker. I am not a newbie....so THIS might sound harsh.... but screw off already. Seriously. You're like a little knat that won't go away.

Message received???
wow,great attitude. i'll be sure to get in line to help you out.

DrakeZero

Reaction score

Message received???

You might want to check your facts before talking crap to Rich as he knows everything in that 63+ thread. Why? Because he's one of the members here that post the most in that thread. A thread that talks about everything phaez including:

Daisycutter
F-14 Armstrong
BlackDaisy
JTM25
JTM35
Asheville
DragonFly
HRM Hot Cat
SIBLY
AFD50

and many more....

Rich posts so much that everyone in the thread are thinking he has the first case of phaez addiction. Rich called it right, the info is there and all you have to do is look through it and not be lazy about it. For you to come here and say "screw off already" to someone who has this much experience only shows to me that regardless you say your not a newbie you act like one with the thinnest skin around.

Usually I'm more reserve about this kind of thing, but there have been a lot of people like you who feel it's okay to tell someone "screw off" whenever they suggest you do some work in finding information which is already there and readily available, and not expect it to affect how others will treat you. I myself own two Phaez amps., and I got my info about phaez through that large thread and members like Tuya, Rich, JIM, and arkamps and their personal experiences with Randy and his amps.

So basically all I am going to say is, grow some thicker skin, be more respectful or else don't expect myself and many other phaez owners to help you out with questions you have about any models. We're a very helpful group, but don't take it when we are being told to "screw off" when advice is given.

rocknhorse1

Reaction score

Message received???

I see your ASS looks just like your FACE. And your still LAZY. I told you the truth, and you don't like it...sorry.:laugh2:
Yeah, and I think Tojo posted clips of the D Fly in that thread. YOU can go find em though. They are somewhere on this site. You can search the WHOLE site now, instead of just 63 pages. I probably would have helped you find had you said you tried and couldn't find it. Now you are on your own, kinda like it was when I was trying to by my first one and there wasn't NEARLY the info there is now. Just trying to get his EMAIL took some doing. Have fun.
Come in here and start another thread about Phaez amps when there is 2 HUGE threads on the first page, LOL
You pretty much slapped everyone who posted in that thread and contributed to all of the info for people to look at right in the face. Go show this to your mom.
Oh yeah, "Lighten up Francis.":rolleyes:you can figure that one out. You're probably not old enough to know where that quote came from.

To the rest of the guys that know whats up, thanks for the support. Love ya.

Buggaluggs

Reaction score
Who says "screw off"? Really??! That's worse than "what gives?" If you're going to insult someone, go for gold.

Anyway, good luck with the Dragonfly, it looks like a pretty cool amp.

Latest Threads