Any other Mark V's owners? What about Axe Fx 2?

George_92

Reaction score
I've been using my Axe Fx 2 for everything these last 12 months, I love it. However nostalgia of using a real amplifier sort of hit me :rolleyes:

Well I bought this, should be here by the end of next week :D

I will always use the Axe fx 2, butI've been thinking of running a wet/dry setup with the two. Anyone do anything similar?

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
used to have the V, now i have a 5:50+. Use your Mesa as a tube poweramp, the Axe Fx sounds great that way! thats how i use mine.

George_92

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about doing that, I have been with a Marshall combo I had sitting around here. I notice you're running a cable into the input or the 5:50?

What do you think of the 5:50?

lifele55

Reaction score
Awesome looking V there George. Pics when she's here :D

And great looking rig Nicholas :dude:

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about doing that, I have been with a Marshall combo I had sitting around here. I notice you're running a cable into the input or the 5:50?

What do you think of the 5:50?
in that photo you see a cable in the express's input because i was doing an A/B test matching the sound of the boogie with the Axe Fx.

Im trully happy with the 5:50+, its one of the best Boogie ive own so far, its a very versatil amp as ive been. able to achieve many tones i couldnt with other Mesas.

But still the Mark V is king! What i would love to see in the Mark series is a 5 watt option because in this 5:50 is just so great sounding at low volumes.:thumb:

George_92

Reaction score
I think the 10 watt mode will still be pretty loud on the Mark V, too loud for an apartment in the city anyway! Luckily, I'm at home in country over summer ;)

5:50+ has been getting fantastic reviews, and I can see why people would be buying them over the Mark V.

I think it will be a long 7-10 days waiting for it(I'm on holidays, so I don't have a lot to preoccupy myself with haha), I'll be like a little kid at Christmas time. I've played other Mesa's before and I've always been disappointed, until I played through this guys Road King II, it sounded really good. He said they just take time to dial them in. After reading similar things on the internet about how they were disappointed and hated it the first day and by the seventh day they were never going to part with with it, I'm assuming it's going to take me a while to dial in, but I'm looking forward to it! :D

Phil W

Reaction score
George, the 10 watt mode can be used at very low volume if needed.
Read the Mark V user manual from start to finish, that's essential (download it).
On channels 2 and 3 drop the bass right back to 2 or 3. Read the manual to learn why but it's crucial to getting a good tone.

George_92

Reaction score
George, the 10 watt mode can be used at very low volume if needed.
Read the Mark V user manual from start to finish, that's essential (download it).
On channels 2 and 3 drop the bass right back to 2 or 3. Read the manual to learn why but it's crucial to getting a good tone.
Thanks, I've been reading through the manual, and despite only reading about a third of the way through, I think I've read that about the bass at least 6 times haha. Amp should be here within a week.

Latest Threads