Any opinion on the wildwood serie ?

d2_racing

Reaction score

KenG

Reaction score
Some of the models listed are chambered (SNs starting with CR) in case you weren't aware. If you are buying online try to sort through the guitars Greg Koch plays. You can listen to him play it and get his opinion on the guitar.
I've never bought from Wildwood but I appreciate the details shots and info they provide on each individual serial numbered guitar.

Left Paw

Reaction score
I had an excellent experience buying from Wildwood, and will do so again when the time comes.

StubbyJ

Reaction score
I purchased a Featherweight R7 in the Spring and only returned it due to the neck being too thin with smaller shoulders.

The build quality was as good or better than any other LP I have tried and the pickups were outstanding.

We compared it to a few Historics loaded with the popular pup builders/RS guts and nothing really stoop up against it.

The WW spec. pups are in my opinion some of the best out there as far as vintage tone.

There was a die-hard s^&$#*@e enthusiast who reluctantly admitted that his beloved s^&$#*@!s sounded brittle and flat in comparison in this particular guitar. Not that they will appeal to all, but I think it's impressive that what comes stock is on par with aftermarket.

Thereyago.

BGNY

Reaction score
I have a Wildwood spec R8, it's the best guitar I've ever had.

jlb32

Reaction score
The Wildwood spec guitars are great just like the staff and service at Wildwood. I was close to buying one but went with another killer R8 due to liking more aggressive sounding pickups. The under wound Custom Buckers Wildwood uses are very nice sounding though.

d2_racing

Reaction score
One thing I noticed is the pictures that we can download from a specific model versus the video are not the same or at least they don't look to be the same.

Maybe it's the light when Greg plays.

Should I focus on the pictures or the videos to get an idea on the actual color of the burst ?

d2_racing

Reaction score
If I buy a model from my local gibson dealer, like a R9 VOS or Gloss, I will end up with an history version I guess ?

The benchmark serie is limited only to specific dealers like Wildwood I guess ?

The featherweight is exclusive to Wildwood for sure.

jamman

Reaction score
Both runs of guitars you listed are not limited to WW . Other dealers have them .I bought 2 guitars from WW and was very happy with the transactions both times . I would buy from them again ,if they had something I really wanted . They are 1 of Gibson's "flagship dealers" So you will pay . WW does it right ,IMO .

El Kabong

Reaction score
Bought a Wildwood Spec R9 a couple years ago and it is absolutely killer! :thumb:

KQ.jpg

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Are you guys getting good deals from WW? I gave up on them a few years ago because they would not negotiate. One time was for a R8 when MAP was $3,700. "The best they could do" was $3,600. F them. I'll gladly pay for good service but not when other places treat you just as well for $1,000+ less.

pauljcat

Reaction score
View attachment 118870
These are both the same guitar, I don't know if you'll be able to see them though due to my poor upload skills, but this is a 2006 or 2007 1960 Wildwood Burst owned by Mike McCready. It kind of looks different in both lights, I believe it's tuff to tell in the Wildwood videos on looks because of the spotlight, but Gregs playing seems to help a lot. Cheers.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Are you guys getting good deals from WW? I gave up on them a few years ago because they would not negotiate. One time was for a R8 when MAP was $3,700. "The best they could do" was $3,600. F them. I'll gladly pay for good service but not when other places treat you just as well for $1,000+ less.

+1. I found them very nice and knowledgeable, but also very high in price. Wouldn't budge much at all, so, I gave up.

Also, their "featherweights" can be matched in weight by almost any dealer, as can their tops.

Bottom line is, if you have the patience, I'd shop around. Try some of our sponsors. If you fall in love with one of WW's, you will get good customer service, and some knowledgeable people there, if but it's gonna cost you. Wasn't worth it IMO.

jlb32

Reaction score
+1. I found them very nice and knowledgeable, but also very high in price. Wouldn't budge much at all, so, I gave up.

Also, their "featherweights" can be matched in weight by almost any dealer, as can their tops.

Bottom line is, if you have the patience, I'd shop around. Try some of our sponsors. If you fall in love with one of WW's, you will get good customer service, and some knowledgeable people there, if but it's gonna cost you. Wasn't worth it IMO.

+1 That is my only complaint about Wildwood also. If it's a WW spec, Benchmark, Featherweight or limit model they feel will sell Wildwood usually will not negotiate much if any off MAP.

I love their service but I won't pay MAP when other great dealers that also provide great service will come way off MAP for the same models.

Latest Threads