Any Motorcycle Riders?

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, next month is two years since I got clobbered. Time flies...

Skeletor

Reaction score
Loud pipes piss people off, that's about it.
The older I get the more I tend to agree with that analysis.
It did probably save me a bit of grief one time when the dude that decided to cut me off finally heard me coming (as he didn't look before starting to change lanes). In general though - it probably does irritate the cars around me - inciting them to perhaps treat me with less respect and drive with additional aggression.
I probably should drag the stock pipes out of the rafters and re-install them :)

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Too soon? I know you're ok and I survived a shitass crash myself. That's why I jest. Sorry.
Haha, no...I meant I seriously flew.

1st time?
I have tumbled on dirt bikes and at the track on sportbiukes but this was life changing. I was leaned over turning left at about 5 mph and a guy on a gixxer hit my body at 65. It was the most violent thing I ever experienced.

I didn't even realize that my head hit the pavement till I saw this later.

RIP Panigale.

hoss

Reaction score
Well done! I am in the market for a 790 Adv R but need to sell my 690 Duke R first.

Deftone

Reaction score
I have a vintage 1989 Honda VTR 250 to sell if you're interested. 110mph all day on a bike that weighs nothing (to me anyhow). It's white, pink and pastel blue....chick bike. I wouldn't ride it although it's fun as hell. Don't even think it has 1000 miles on it since new. New rubber, rebuilt carbs, new oil, but the battery was spankin' new, but not charged in 5 years. Sittin' in my garage gathering dust.

View attachment 386264
I'd race that thing.

Sharky

Reaction score
Well done! I am in the market for a 790 Adv R but need to sell my 690 Duke R first.
since you won't be getting to much for the Duke, keep it and add the Adventure to the herd