Any Motorcycle Riders?

Teledan

Reaction score
I have been really loving the new "lane filtering" law here in Utah

There is one intersection I hit during my commute that can get very backed up. Sometimes I am waiting through 3 or 4 lights. Not any more though! With this new law I can filter right up to the front.

THDNUT

Reaction score
You can have your Grom, hoss, I'll take the Kawasaki Z125 Pro

Sharky

Reaction score
The new Honda Monkey is way cooler than the Grom.
absolutely! I find myself checking ads for the old ones from time to time, did some of my first rides on one when I was about 12 yo

matthew bear

Reaction score
the s.o. just got her endorsement and wants one of those groms to start with.
any of you scooter riders have any experience with these ? all i've ever had
are my 96 heritage nostalgia and my 13 sportie for commuting duties.
Groms are really stupid fun!
I kinda hate the sloppy gearbox that they have, but that's my main gripe. I feel like a kid on my bmx when I ride one.

socialhero

Reaction score

There is one intersection I hit during my commute that can get very backed up. Sometimes I am waiting through 3 or 4 lights. Not any more though! With this new law I can filter right up to the front.
I do that often here in NYC. I imagine it’s not technically legal, but I’ve never had an issue. It’s a godsend when traffic is nightmarish.

Deftone

Reaction score

I split lanes everyday. I'd lose my mind if I couldn't.

Teledan

Reaction score
I didn’t think it would be something I would do when the law went into effect, but after doing it a couple times when the traffic was backed up I realized how nice it is. I commute on my XR400 so it is easy to squeeze between lanes. I just put a set of supermoto wheels on it too :)

elephantrider

Reaction score
I LOVE the look of Sportsters. I wish they had a little more thump to them. :)
The new Honda Monkey is way cooler than the Grom.

View attachment 386089
You can have your Grom, hoss, I'll take the Kawasaki Z125 Pro

View attachment 386125
Groms are really stupid fun!
I kinda hate the sloppy gearbox that they have, but that's my main gripe. I feel like a kid on my bmx when I ride one.
alright, so after a few hrs at the scooter shop. and sitting on all flavors of bikes, she ended up going with '19
grom. the monkey is an absolute no go. the z was reported as super uncomfy, and honestly, not as attractive
as the honda. sat on a few 250 - 500 bikes, but i think her heart was set on a grommet.

i checked a few out as well.. the africa twin, what a ginormous bike, but uber capable. the h2 is crazy.
yamaha has some really nice models out right now, too.

she'll ride the sportie on longer trips, and use the grom to commute.

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
alright, so after a few hrs at the scooter shop. and sitting on all flavors of bikes, she ended up going with '19
grom. the monkey is an absolute no go. the z was reported as super uncomfy, and honestly, not as attractive
as the honda. sat on a few 250 - 500 bikes, but i think her heart was set on a grommet.

i checked a few out as well.. the africa twin, what a ginormous bike, but uber capable. the h2 is crazy.
yamaha has some really nice models out right now, too.

she'll ride the sportie on longer trips, and use the grom to commute.
I have a vintage 1989 Honda VTR 250 to sell if you're interested. 110mph all day on a bike that weighs nothing (to me anyhow). It's white, pink and pastel blue....chick bike. I wouldn't ride it although it's fun as hell. Don't even think it has 1000 miles on it since new. New rubber, rebuilt carbs, new oil, but the battery was spankin' new, but not charged in 5 years. Sittin' in my garage gathering dust.

262422206bd81dscn9415-1515690387447.jpg

Skeletor

Reaction score
I have a vintage 1989 Honda VTR 250 to sell if you're interested. 110mph all day on a bike that weighs nothing (to me anyhow). It's white, pink and pastel blue....chick bike. I wouldn't ride it although it's fun as hell. Don't even think it has 1000 miles on it since new. New rubber, rebuilt carbs, new oil, but the battery was spankin' new, but not charged in 5 years. Sittin' in my garage gathering dust.
Bigfoot - are you back in the saddle or still divesting of all your two wheeled machines?
(recall a post a while back about a neighbor that hit a deer or something)

socialhero

Reaction score

View attachment 386264
Chick bike or not, I would ride the shit out of that thing. Looks like hella fun and I bet it’s nimble as all get out. :thumb:

elephantrider

Reaction score
yah, i'd ride that chick bike all day !

i just rode the grom home, and it's a super fun scooter for sure. above 50 with my
200lb arse on it was a little anemic above 50, but anything lower and it has some
pretty good get up. she may weigh 105 soaking wet, so that should be good for
weight relief lol

matthew bear

Reaction score
i just rode the grom home, and it's a super fun scooter for sure. above 50 with my
200lb arse on it was a little anemic above 50, but anything lower and it has some
pretty good get up. she may weigh 105 soaking wet, so that should be good for
weight relief lol
Quick warning about the grom, those stock tires are really crap.

I had some close calls with the front tire losing traction, though I was probably driving like a jackass :laugh2:

Once the Mrs gets comfortable on the bike and starts really leaning into turns, it can get sketchy...

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bigfoot - are you back in the saddle or still divesting of all your two wheeled machines?
(recall a post a while back about a neighbor that hit a deer or something)
I ride to put gas in my bike. About 3 miles away and then I turn back home, but sometimes the stupid bike goes the other way. :)

I just missed a dear on I70 in my truck about 20 minutes ago.. I swerved and missed it and it made it across the highway. Then it ran along side me and then cut back onto the highway just behind me. In my mirror, I saw it launch off the front of a semi and fly about 20ft in the air and smack the highway just as another semi splattered it.
Brought back the fear of deer again. At least I was in my truck.

Last night, my wife was out in her car and 3 biker dudes skidded and slid, but did not crash after a racoon ran out in front of them just up the road from my house.

Still on the fence about riding. If someone offered to buy my Harley, I would sell it. My other two bikes are also for sale. Probably would get a Razor side-by-side or something for fun.

elephantrider

Reaction score
Quick warning about the grom, those stock tires are really crap.

I had some close calls with the front tire losing traction, though I was probably driving like a jackass :laugh2:

Once the Mrs gets comfortable on the bike and starts really leaning into turns, it can get sketchy...
i've read that very thing, and will have a replacement set mounted before summer is over. !