Any more UK planned?

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
I've been to a couple (fair ole drive from London just for an evening) myself.
I recently mentioned that to a friend who's in Lyme Regis (5 minutes walk...-ish) and had known nothing about them.
Never heard a word and all of his friends are muso's as well.
Mostly guitar players themselves too.
Be interested to know if they're still going, and any plans for next year, just for my own interest.
But will pass on to him.

geddy

Reaction score
AFAIK there hasn't been a meet for over 5 years. Had a great time at the 2 i went to and met some great people, some of whom are unfortunately no longer with us. Maybe a less organised meet would be a way to get sociable again? I seem to recall that the was quite a lot of organisation involved which contributed to it stopping.

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
Yeah, I think there may have been some politics creeping in as well.
Similar to you though, enjoyed meeting the members who were there when I went.
I don't recall the name of the guy behind it but I know he had to arrange for other musicians and drummers (snicker...) to form the rest of the band, then choose songs so there was no doubling up and the band had a chance at knowing where they were going.
Lots of chatting and gear worship.
:)

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Philbertious and von Jasco set those up?

I think someone showed their ass at the last one or so...

Would have loved to have been able to cross the pond for one of the Bridport meets.... I would have loved to be able to meet some of the old guard in person like Nimsey RIP, Wodsley RIP, Philbertious, Tommo, von Jasco, and a bunch of others... Would have been a fun trip...

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score

Would have loved to have been able to cross the pond for one of the Bridport meets.... I would have loved to be able to meet some of the old guard in person like Nimsey RIP, Wodsley RIP, Philbertious, Tommo, von Jasco, and a bunch of others... Would have been a fun trip...
You shoulda.
Although the meets were on the 'land' side, Bridport is a seaside town on the south coast of England (Britain) known as the "Jurassic Coast" for number of fossil finds there (not talking about MLP meets here you understand, hehehh).
Good pubs, good food, good peeps, good times!

Reactions: ehb

geddy

Reaction score

I believe so. They were great fun

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The 'Four Just Men' of England who sussed out the fraud RMC1.

Bridport 2010. From left: Phil47uk; Drude; me; Cookie-Boy.
DSCN5245.JPG

Latest Threads