Any love for the Bandit ?

DrBGood

Reaction score
I got this almost new mid 90's one for a small amount of dinero. Seller was original owner !

It has the Sheffield 12" and footswitch is included.

Back of chassis: ground switch, external speaker, footswitch, power amp input, preamp out. Effect loop on front panel. All pots need cleaning, but the rest is pristine !

Played it a bit last night. Cleans are beautiful and rich. It will make a great amp for pedals. Have only skimmed the gain side, that could take some taming.

20-11-19.jpg

Zungle

Reaction score
I got this almost new mid 90's one for a small amount of dinero. Seller was original owner !

It has the Sheffield 12" and footswitch is included.

Back of chassis: ground switch, external speaker, footswitch, power amp input, preamp out. Effect loop on front panel. All pots need cleaning, but the rest is pristine !

Played it a bit last night. Cleans are beautiful and rich. It will make a great amp for pedals. Have only skimmed the gain side, that could take some taming.

I had one forever and literally just sold it......

Cool amp practice amp for pedals/multi fx etc on clean channel.....the gain channels can work in a pinch but aren't really my cup of tea.....

Sheffields are a love/hate speaker.......for me not the worst thing around but almost any good Eminence, Celestion etc is gonna be an improvement.

Mine sound best on clean channel with Eminence GB128.......

monty john

Reaction score
Had the Teal Stripe version with the Scorpion speaker.....it was my backup for years and practice amp as well....finally got rid of it and got another practice amp.....yours has the transtube tech these are good little amps as well.....good for grab and go

Lester

Reaction score
Had two Studio Pro 112s. Ran them in stereo. Swapped the Sheffield speaker for a Weber. Tried a closed back on one.

Like you said, nice cleans... dirty/gain was not outstanding and a pedal does better reverb. Transtube never really shined tube-y for me or I never got it dialed in.

JMP

Reaction score
I’ve had a red stripe USA Bandit and a 1987 Bandit 65. Great amps for short money. I don’t have a Bandit currently, but I dig them. Huge value on the used market.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
I used to use my dad's Bandit back in the day before I knew how to eq an amp and I hated it. I was thinking about getting another one but wound up with this because I'm a Skynyrd fanboy.

UJKkasF.jpg

Lester

Reaction score
I used to use my dad's Bandit back in the day before I knew how to eq an amp and I hated it. I was thinking about getting another one but wound up with this because I'm a Skynyrd fanboy.

View attachment 501819
Your photo reminds me of a Keef Richards answer to a question on his web site:

"Keith, you have Marshalls and Fenders on the stage. Which are you playing through?"
Keef: "I play through the Fenders. The Mashalls are just there to hold the Fenders up".

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Great value on the used market. Nice cleans, near useless dirt. I used mine with a Line 6 POD, worked well using the ‘Pwr Amp In’ jack. Sounded FAR better after replacing the Sheffield with a Celestion Seventy 80.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bandit 65 was my 2nd amp in 1984 after my Decade. I thought it was pretty nice.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
Your photo reminds me of a Keef Richards answer to a question on his web site:

"Keith, you have Marshalls and Fenders on the stage. Which are you playing through?"
Keef: "I play through the Fenders. The Mashalls are just there to hold the Fenders up".
That's about right. It's an MG cab I've had for years, and I don't even remember the last time I plugged something into it.

Mr Insane

Reaction score
The 212 version is in the basement somewhere.

One time I split the signal between that and a 212 peavey tube amp...my ears were ringing for 20 minutes. Don't do that, it isn't worth it.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
The 212 version is in the basement somewhere.

One time I split the signal between that and a 212 peavey tube amp...my ears were ringing for 20 minutes. Don't do that, it isn't worth it.
I had a 212 6505 back in my metalcore days. I whole heartedly agree, don't do that, that amp sounded so damn good I haven't had a loud amp since then. My wife and kids on the other hand, can't hear themselves think sometimes.

Latest Threads