Any love for Lovepedals?

PeteGalaxie

Reaction score
I have a few of them. I particularly like the COT50. It adds some nice overdrive into almost any kind of amp. Also, the Black Mamba Tchula with a Telecaster into a "Fender" style amp is a glorious. I don't see much talk about them on this forum. Anybody else like Lovepedals?

BanditPanda

Reaction score
You betcha! Amp11 on my board. Great pedal. Also used and sold their Les Lius. Another great pedal. I went to Marshall and sold the Fender emulating Les Lius.
Solid, quality gear and very good Customer Service.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I been diggin Sean’s pedals since early ‘07. I happened to catch a blues madman,Michael Katon and we shot the shit for a bit after his show and he told me about Sean and the COT-50.
My folded box COT-50 has been with me since......I’m also kinda partial to the Tchula. Gold AND Red:naughty:

Attachments

Neffco

Reaction score
41B40FC2-7311-420E-96BF-5A6DFD37D112.jpeg
I bought one of these. The supposed COT side, aka vintage is super dirty and not very controllable with the drive knob. The modern side is good for leads but when you let a note ring too long the decay is weird. I’m going a different route.

I’m running into a twin. FYI.

Last edited:

crosstownblues

Wraptail Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have two versions of the COT50 and a Black Mamba. Different needs for different amps/guitars...

PeteGalaxie

Reaction score
The COT50 is one of the best Marshall style overdrives I have ever used. I use it in front of my Germino Classic 45 (JTM45) and it just adds that extra "push". It also sound great with my Fender style amp.

PeteGalaxie

Reaction score
+ 1 on the High Power Tweed Twin .... I had a Superlead which I found too gainy... but the HPT sings !!
I had a Superlead a while back as well. More gain than I was ever going to use! Nice pedal, but didn't really do the Marshall type of overdrive I was looking for. The COT50 is completely different. I recently sold a Plexi 100 PRO which is basically a COT50 and a clean boost. I used to use the boost side as a "master volume". The Plexi 100 PRO is a very flexible pedal. I kind of miss it, but I just wasn't using it much and I need to cut down on the number of pedals I have!!!

Stuff

Reaction score
Another Amp11 user here. It's my favourite drive pedal bar none. Had the Eternity E6 for a while, but it was too noisy for me, sadly.

Brocko

Reaction score
Had a few

Kalamazoo - nice pedal, quite thick so i tended to use it on the bridge pickup where it excelled
200lb fuzz - fat silicon fuzz
JTM - basically RHCP in a box - one knob, very simple
Butterfly Chorus - quite rare, tweakable CE2 style
Les Luis - this was a clone i built. Very simple circuit, nice tweedy tones

Generally well built pedals and they all sounded decent

PeteGalaxie

Reaction score
Had a few

Kalamazoo - nice pedal, quite thick so i tended to use it on the bridge pickup where it excelled
200lb fuzz - fat silicon fuzz
JTM - basically RHCP in a box - one knob, very simple
Butterfly Chorus - quite rare, tweakable CE2 style
Les Luis - this was a clone i built. Very simple circuit, nice tweedy tones

Generally well built pedals and they all sounded decent
How do you like the JTM pedal? Is it "just another COT pedal"? I have a JRAD .45 Caliber that does a nice JTM tone but also have the Lovepedal COT50 that sounds great (more JMP though to my ears) - and of course the Germino Classic 45 which nails the JTM sound!!!

Brocko

Reaction score
How do you like the JTM pedal? Is it "just another COT pedal"? I have a JRAD .45 Caliber that does a nice JTM tone but also have the Lovepedal COT50 that sounds great (more JMP though to my ears) - and of course the Germino Classic 45 which nails the JTM sound!!!
it was ok - i found it literally had one sound in it - the range on the dial was odd. That said, that one sound was pretty good. Personally i would stick with your JRAD

pillbug

Reaction score
Had to come back to this post because I just got a Super SIC Tone and holy cow, is it awesome! Last thing I thought I needed was another fuzz pedal (also got the Bonetender, meh) but it’s sick alright!

swampblues

Reaction score
Can't live without my Original Tchula, even though it's back at the shop as we speak getting some well deserved overhauling