Any Jackson fans out there ?

Robby

Reaction score
I have a pearl white USA SL1 that i still love , but i never see anyone into jacksons anymore .....Anyone still love Jackson ?

BKS

Reaction score
Love...no not really but I have 2 as far as I know :laugh2:
RR5
Juggernaut ht7

GrunGie

Reaction score
Here!! Had one 2014 RRXMG all black, which recently sold to fund the LP Classic (worth the sacrifice!) pretty nice guitar, with immaculate QC (coughcough), 3piece maple nechthrough, basswood wings, EMG 81/85 and floyd rose special and a Japanese DKMG (I think 2004), bolt on maple, alder body, soon to get a schaller floyd, EMG 81/60... fantastic guitar, love her! Definetely a keeper..

Deftone

Reaction score
I'm always looking out for one but the prices for USA models are getting ridiculous. I also prefer Mahogany or Basswood and that's not too common in a Jackson.

I bought an all black KVXMG about a year ago for $375. It's a great player.

s-l1600.jpg

A few months back I bought a $100 Dinky JS20R reverse. I love the neck. It feels identical to the Charvel Model series neck. (I have a Model 2) I'm probably going to buy a single hum model series body for it.

20210909_053705_1631191438084[1].jpg

Overture

Reaction score
I have an 03' KV2 in blue ghost flame that's been through a war. Fantastic guitar. They don't really offer enough in terms of finish options in the high end models to entice me at the moment though. Would love another RR1 or even the new Japanese RR, but not in the available finishes.

Peter M

Reaction score
I did my Jackson thing in the late 80s (Soloist and RR V). Killer guitars back then and still great now. Even the imports are smooth sailing - playability wise. But nah... they don't thrill me like they did BITD.... or like my Pauls still do.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A big musico I worked decades back carried the Jacksons when they first came out.... High dollar guitars.... I hated the RR body style then, me being a more traditional shape person....but the necks.... Good lawd.... A band mate bought the two RR 'spikes' (black & white, biiiig chippies each).... Necks played themselves.... Still hated the bodies though.... The necks were unlike any neck I'd felt... I think they were like 16"s....slickest ebony I'd seen....

Robby

Reaction score
A big musico I worked decades back carried the Jacksons when they first came out.... High dollar guitars.... I hated the RR body style then, me being a more traditional shape person....but the necks.... Good lawd.... A band mate bought the two RR 'spikes' (black & white, biiiig chippies each).... Necks played themselves.... Still hated the bodies though.... The necks were unlike any neck I'd felt... I think they were like 16"s....slickest ebony I'd seen....
Was a 1990 SL1 around 2 grand back then ?

Reactions: ehb

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
During music school I played a 1998 Jackson PS2. When I graduated I treated myself to a Charvel Model 6. Unfortunately I don’t have either of those any more. These days I have two well made MIJ models, 1999 Kelly with EMG 81/85 set and Dinky DK2 with a Duncan Hot Rails in the neck and a Suhr DSH+ in the bridge.

Deftone

Reaction score
I had an MIJ Dinky Reverse years ago. Got it for next to nothing and I think I gave it to my brother. Now of course they have gone way up in value.

BRMarshall

Reaction score
I’ve had a JS11 for a couple years. Built overseas and I believe it’s the lowest priced full size guitar they offered - red wit black hardware. It currently has a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and Air Norton neck (added white pu surrounds).

I have several under 2 bill guitars with various DeMarzio and SD pickups. The JS11 was the most solid and well finished of my budget guitars out of the box and the stock pickups were actually pretty decent. It’s light, clean electronics and … a pointy headstock - what’s not for a 60 year old not to like?

John

Reaction score
Had a Kelly for years, along with a 7 string Soloist.

1557424_10202987580273395_1028504153_o.jpg

Over time, the Kelly has become my favorite pointy guitar once again. I just wish they made them as 7 strings again, more often anyway.

BKS

Reaction score
Had a Kelly for years, along with a 7 string Soloist.

1557424_10202987580273395_1028504153_o.jpg

Over time, the Kelly has become my favorite pointy guitar once again. I just wish they made them as 7 strings again, more often anyway.
Perhaps they do a Jeff Loomis sig 7 string one day....

John

Reaction score
Perhaps they do a Jeff Loomis sig 7 string one day....

Time will tell, though it was promising to see them recently make a 7 string King V apart from any of the sig models (ie- Rhoads, Beaulieu). On that note, I'm still surprised they've been somewhat slow on the uptake as far as ERG's that aren't limited to the ubiquitous superstrats.

GrunGie

Reaction score
Most Jackson guitars have a compound fret radius of 12" to 16", so yeah at first the feel a little weird but they are fantastic necks, from lower tier guitars, up to USA and custom the necks are beautiful.

soliloquy

Reaction score
As much as I want to own a Jackson, I doubt I ever will.
I really dont like super strat type guitars. Though I did fall in love with the SLSmg and SLS3. Their necks fit me so perfectly, yet I just dont like strat shaped guitars. I was very close to buying an SLSmg and also an SLS3 on several different occasions, till life got in the way, and now those guitars are discontinued.

I also have a super soft spot for their RR5, Kevin Bond, and some of their other RR shaped guitars. Yet, i just cant justify having something that pointy.

I'll admire them from out far, but dont think i'll ever own them. They also seem to not fit my other taste in guitars and music.

their Kelly is a beautiful shape, yet again, too pointy and metal for my taste....and i'm a metal head.

I think i'll stick with timeless guitars like LPs and such

Deftone

Reaction score
As much as I want to own a Jackson, I doubt I ever will.
I really dont like super strat type guitars. Though I did fall in love with the SLSmg and SLS3. Their necks fit me so perfectly, yet I just dont like strat shaped guitars. I was very close to buying an SLSmg and also an SLS3 on several different occasions, till life got in the way, and now those guitars are discontinued.

I also have a super soft spot for their RR5, Kevin Bond, and some of their other RR shaped guitars. Yet, i just cant justify having something that pointy.

I'll admire them from out far, but dont think i'll ever own them. They also seem to not fit my other taste in guitars and music.

their Kelly is a beautiful shape, yet again, too pointy and metal for my taste....and i'm a metal head.

I think i'll stick with timeless guitars like LPs and such

How about a JJ1 or JJ2 then?

iu

iu

Latest Threads