Any info on this LP, I’m considering buying

dom

Reaction score
Hi I’m strongly thinking of trading my 52 Tele & cash for this LP.

All I have is the serial no - 102100444

And the year 2010

Also nut has been changed.

Anyone got advice or info please??

Thanks

DarrellV

Caramel Biscuits! - Wooo!
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to MLP Dom!

In cases like this more pics always help. More close-ups of the front and back parts.

A real 52 Tele or re-issue? I'm guessing a re-issue.

Does it say Standard on the truss rod cover or traditional?

More knowledgeable folks will be able to better tell the make and finish..

Have you played it? Does it feel good in your hands and sound good enough for you to want it?

Is this going to be your first LP? They don't feel and play like a Tele... some folks never get used to it.. just saying.

Of course I hope you enjoy the heck out of it if you decide to go for it. They are fine instruments!

dom

Reaction score
Hi
:welcome: to MLP Dom!

In cases like this more pics always help. More close-ups of the front and back parts.

A real 52 Tele or re-issue? I'm guessing a re-issue.

Does it say Standard on the truss rod cover or traditional?

More knowledgeable folks will be able to better tell the make and finish..

Have you played it? Does it feel good in your hands and sound good enough for you to want it?

Is this going to be your first LP? They don't feel and play like a Tele... some folks never get used to it.. just saying.

Of course I hope you enjoy the heck out of it if you decide to go for it. They are fine instruments!
Hi it says standard on the cover.. I’ll get to try it next week I just ripped the pics of the ad on the web..

It’s a reissue tele with 450 cash

Thanks

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a reissue tele with 450 cash
You are being generous from what I can see... It's fair IMO but you are going low on your trade price for your guitar.

I did a quick look online for myself and see that the 52 reissues are going for a low of 900 and change to 1800 or so

where 2010 Standards are 1300 ish

Does the LP come with the pick guard and a case too?

You said the nut was changed, was it a pro job? Can it be proved?

I'm just giving you some haggle points because you asked for advice.

These things matter to folks who buy these things in here, I've learned.

Any changes usually take away resale value.

Any extras like a case or the original parts included can add some value.

If you are selling to a dealer he will have to give you less for yours so he can mark it up on resale.

MSB

Reaction score
if all you have is the serial, what's the pull? I wouldn't do that deal with the info given, but there's more to the story...

dom

Reaction score
You are being generous from what I can see... It's fair IMO but you are going low on your trade price for your guitar.

I did a quick look online for myself and see that the 52 reissues are going for a low of 900 and change to 1800 or so
View attachment 391958

where 2010 Standards are 1300 ish
View attachment 391959

Does the LP come with the pick guard and a case too?

You said the nut was changed, was it a pro job? Can it be proved?

I'm just giving you some haggle points because you asked for advice.

These things matter to folks who buy these things in here, I've learned.

Any changes usually take away resale value.

Any extras like a case or the original parts included can add some value.

If you are selling to a dealer he will have to give you less for yours so he can mark it up on resale.
Hi I know there’s a case not sure about the pick guard but I will ask and take your advice on the haggling when trading. Thanks

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
That’s literally all I have the year and serial number , hoping to inspect it next week ..
That’s a good idea. If, after inspecting it, you like it, adjust your cash offer to even out the going rate of the two guitars. Depending on condition of each, it’s entirely possible that your AVRI is worth more than his LP.

Unless you are trading with a store, don’t forget that the deal is only going down because he wants your AVRI, too- probably as much as you want his LP.

dom

Reaction score
That’s a good idea. If, after inspecting it, you like it, adjust your cash offer to even out the going rate of the two guitars. Depending on condition of each, it’s entirely possible that your AVRI is worth more than his LP.

Unless you are trading with a store, don’t forget that the deal is only going down because he wants your AVRI, too- probably as much as you want his LP.
Yeah that’s true thanks

viking20

Reaction score
If you like the Tele , and don't have others , maybe just wait a bit and buy a Les Paul ?
A good Tele is a nice thing to have around....
When you have money in hand to buy a decent Les Paul , you will have access to many great deals and not be depending on a trade deal...

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score

Mazactly!!

That's what I was trying to say! :h5:

dom

Reaction score
If you like the Tele , and don't have others , maybe just wait a bit and buy a Les Paul ?
A good Tele is a nice thing to have around....
When you have money in hand to buy a decent Les Paul , you will have access to many great deals and not be depending on a trade deal...
So true I’ll prob wait,, in all honesty I’d love a goldtop so unless when I try this guitar it is 100% what I want I’ll pass on it

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
So true I’ll prob wait,, in all honesty I’d love a goldtop so unless when I try this guitar it is 100% what I want I’ll pass on it
That’s the right attitude to go into any guitar buy... especially if one of yours is going on the table.

It’s always a good idea to walk in ANY negotiation with the mindset that you can walk out.

rogue3

Reaction score
I would not do the posted trade,but,that's just me.:) .I like Tele's,and a R.I. '52 is a sweet piece.

The pictures are limited,but is it a chibson? The horn is off,but could be the camera lens?

As always,buyer (or trader) beware.

Last edited:

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
2013 standard blows away a tele imho....
I get teles have their unique tone but a standard les Paul is another level and it’s not even close

-Chris

moreles

Reaction score
Pointless to try valuing the LP based on those pictures. Who sends blurred images these days? To a prospective buyer? Yeesh.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
+1.....
Would rather see y’all just wait,period. If y’all want a goldtop,then I would definitely hold off on this,brother. Ole moreles is right about them blurry pics.......that shit makes me cranky in this day and age. No reason for it......makes me suspicious.
Just my 2cents,brother....

My Les Paul Classifieds