Any idea what this kind of flame is called?

StevenXmas

Reaction score
Good afternoon. You can make the finish glossier. The Custom Authentic or "hazy, aged and dull finish" is just a liquid compound that is applied to the finish in the Buffing stage (right before the instrument goes to Final Assembly to be built out) by a white cloth. It is rubbed over the finish and left to dry for a short period of time. This can be reversed by using guitar polish or taking the guitar to a repair individual that has a Buffing wheel and it can be buffed to a gloss shine. It is not difficult to remove the "Custom Authentic" application and make the instrument shiny. No worries.

alwittlich

Reaction score
Good afternoon. You can make the finish glossier. The Custom Authentic or "hazy, aged and dull finish" is just a liquid compound that is applied to the finish in the Buffing stage (right before the instrument goes to Final Assembly to be built out) by a white cloth. It is rubbed over the finish and left to dry for a short period of time. This can be reversed by using guitar polish or taking the guitar to a repair individual that has a Buffing wheel and it can be buffed to a gloss shine. It is not difficult to remove the "Custom Authentic" application and make the instrument shiny. No worries.
Thank you for the info! Nervous about buffing it, do you think just polish with enough elbow grease would do it?

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Congrats, HNGD :jam: and play her in good health!

My '13 R9 is VOS finished. I like the minor "aging" on the hardware, but I kind of prefer that the rest of the guitar be glossier. I used Virtuoso cleaner and then Virtuoso polish and it did a fantastic job.

Good luck and :cheers2:

StevenXmas

Reaction score
Thank you for the info! Nervous about buffing it, do you think just polish with enough elbow grease would do it?
I have never done it personally; but I have been told it is not difficult. The right polish / rubbing compound should work fine.

Latest Threads