Any HP luv out there?

rarebit

Reaction score
After many years of GAS'ng on one, finally had a opportunity to acquire an HP. I have 3 other Lesters and played a number of others over the years, but never had a chance to check an HP up front, till now. This neck profile on this one, at least for me is the real deal. I got hooked on the assym neck profle with my 07 Std, but the compound radius, the soloist neck width and contoured heel take the playability of a LP to another level.

Wondering if anyone else feels the same?

16_HP.jpg

Uncle Vinnie

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very pretty, although I've never known of them before your post. :eek2:

moreles

Reaction score
Completely unfamiliar with that model. While i like covered pickups, I don't like those much. Interested to hear from other who have actually used the guitar. The playability features all sound good to me. My LP is '57 specs throughout and it does make me feel like the guy using a wooden racket with a small head when everyone else is playing with metal, oversized. A good asymmetrical neck -- Music Man makes great ones -- is terrific.

rarebit

Reaction score
Completely unfamiliar with that model. While i like covered pickups, I don't like those much. Interested to hear from other who have actually used the guitar. The playability features all sound good to me. My LP is '57 specs throughout and it does make me feel like the guy using a wooden racket with a small head when everyone else is playing with metal, oversized. A good asymmetrical neck -- Music Man makes great ones -- is terrific.
Oh yea I also have a JP6 and love it.

mjross

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a few, really dig them! Love the neck and the amazing heel contour. The advanced electronics are really nice too. These WERE great Les Pauls! Granted, not what the traditionalists wanted but a very nice departure from the norm! We will NEVER see them again, our loss.

Really dig this Seafoam Fade Standard!

1657031677783.jpeg

This is actually an HP Standard, just modified it to look more like the traditional Les Paul Standard, beautiful Bourbon Burst, pic does it no justice!

1657031900546.jpeg

This Cobalt Blue Fade HP Standard is a real beauty, again, pic does it no justice!

1657031996877.jpeg

For the SG freaks out there, the SG HP’s are pretty damn nice. Pity these HP guitars will never be seen again. Gibson hit these out of the park!

1657032197188.jpeg

Last edited:

rarebit

Reaction score

rarebit

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a few, really dig them! Love the neck and the amazing heel contour. The advanced electronics are really nice too. These WERE great Les Pauls! Granted, not what the traditionalists wanted but a very nice departure from the norm! We will NEVER see them again, our loss.

This is actually an HP Standard, just modified it to look more like the traditional Les Paul Standard, beautiful Bourbon Burst, pic does it no justice!

View attachment 619330

This Cobalt Blue Fade HP Standard is a real beauty, again, pic does it no justice!

For the SG freaks out there, the SG HP’s are pretty damn nice. Pity these HP guitars will never be seen again. Gibson hit these out of the park!
wow very cool set of HPs there, with an SG too...

When I first started to GAS on the HPs was thinking of doing just that, reverting whatever I got to a more traditional look. In fact mine is a 16 that had been updated to that 17 chrome look. But the visuals of it has really grown on me so I'll probably leave it.

mjross

Reaction score
wow very cool set of HPs there, with an SG too...

When I first started to GAS on the HPs was thinking of doing just that, reverting whatever I got to a more traditional look. In fact mine is a 16 that had been updated to that 17 chrome look. But the visuals of it has really grown on me so I'll probably leave it.
I replaced the clear knobs on the Sea Foam with the chrome knobs off my Bourbon Burst HP previously pictured in comment #9. I just think the chrome knobs look a little better, maybe not! Nonetheless, here’s the Sea Foam HP pictured here (with chrome knobs) with two of his friends, a Blonde Corsa Manalishi and a M2M Frost Blue “57” Reissue. The Sea Foam had not been restrung to righty yet!

1657048387698.jpeg

Last edited:

rarebit

Reaction score
I replaced the clear knobs on the Sea Foam with the chrome knobs off my Bourbon Burst HP previously pictured in comment #9. I just think the chrome knobs look a little better, maybe not! Nonetheless, here’s the Sea Foam HP pictured here (with chrome knobs) with two of his friends, a Blonde Corsa Manalishi and a M2M Frost Blue “57” Reissue. The Sea Foam had not been restrung to righty yet!
+1 for the chrome knobs... beautiful trio there

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I had to get one of the 2017 models, very sweet with a great feeling neck. I don't care much for the Autotune, since after it finishes, I have to make a few micro adjustments. But it does get you close without having to use a separate tuner. It came perfectly setup in 2017 when I received it and it has not needed a setup so far. Still perfect with great action and intonation everywhere you play on the neck.

lpstudiohpcase.jpg

lpstudiohp1.jpg

mycurrentrig_20190927.jpg

rarebit

Reaction score
I had to get one of the 2017 models, very sweet with a great feeling neck. I don't care much for the Autotune, since after it finishes, I have to make a few micro adjustments. But it does get you close without having to use a separate tuner. It came perfectly setup in 2017 when I received it and it has not needed a setup so far. Still perfect with great action and intonation everywhere you play on the neck.
I think the HP Studios are an excellent deal, they have everything. That top is cool.

The case is insanely heavy though... I used one of my other cases to haul it around in :)

Latest Threads