any Framus love around here?

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I Have something cooking, just wondering.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not much new guitars are still made in Germany
from what I gather, Standard is MIC. Teambuilt and masterbuilt are MIG. Im looking at a couple of teambuilt pieces. They were very impressive at NAMM. Hard to not like German products.

Left Paw

Reaction score
The new ones are cool, just like so many brands that have been brought back by new owners who mostly source production in Asia. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I Break Things

Reaction score
from what I gather, Standard is MIC. Teambuilt and masterbuilt are MIG. Im looking at a couple of teambuilt pieces. They were very impressive at NAMM. Hard to not like German products.
German engineering is superb. I love me some German guns.

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
I know this isn't helpful, but...
Whenever I hear the name Framus, all I can think of is this old dude I knew when I was a kid, who taught me some mechanics.
He never used the right words for things and would say stuff like, "You put this little nort into the framus...."

S. Rock

Reaction score
I love the old Framus guitars. I bought a Framus acoustic at the PX when I was stationed over in Germany in 1972. I came across a Framus hollowbody at Willie's American Guitars in St. Paul, MN a few years ago. I would have bought it, but he was asking way too much for it. plus I didn't have that kind of money at the time(still don't). the neck on it was very similar to the one on my acoustic. there is another guitar shop in the area that sells the newer Framus electric guitars.

Petergrifindor

Reaction score
Always loved the look on this one

And how it was made:

Never tried one, but it seems they are top game guitars.

jc2000

Reaction score
The only experience I had with Framus was my brother in laws old 12 string acoustic. It was a nice guitar.

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
Not familiar with the new ones, but a high school buddy (we're talking early '70s here) had a Framus acoustic that was wonderful; played like a wet dream and sounded sweeter than a girl saying yes.

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
Are they single pickup guitars with an X in the name?
As soon as I saw this thread I was like "wonder if it's a phil x signature".

I want to know how wide the necks are on those. Wide as 2015 Les pauls?

Latest Threads