Any Doctors, Nurses, or Lawyers?

X–Ray

Cowbell by Misadventure
Reaction score
They use that to help the near dead die. My sister and my secretary. Both were over dosed but in their cases it really was the best thing. The other way would be a long bad death. So very true. They shot horses don't they? Same mercy for us.
When my mom was lingering in agony toward certain death at the "care center" I did everything I could except draw a ****ing picture to indirectly communicate to nursing staff to pleeeze end her suffering by overdosing her with morphine. They just looked blankly at me. Whether they understood me or not, or what they did, is uncertain but she died in my brother's arms two days later

Btw, I talked to my brother first and he was onboard with my idea but could bring himself to do it. If I could of administered the drug I would have done it in a heavy heartbeat....

kevinpaul

Reaction score
It happens more and more Ray, it is just not talked about. I don't know how long ago your mom pasted. By even saying that you may have scared them off. I have never been a party to it. Every place has an angel of death and know one knows who it is. Could be a guy in the pharmacy and an unknowing nurse. The only person I give shots to is myself. Doctors don't give shots. Others do, I give flu shots to the homeless. I buy that on my own. Yes help with death does happen and not really talked about. That goes against my promise buy some had their fingers crossed. Night my friend!

X–Ray

Cowbell by Misadventure
Reaction score
It happens more and more Ray, it is just not talked about. I don't know how long ago your mom pasted. By even saying that you may have scared them off. I have never been a party to it. Every place has an angel of death and know one knows who it is. Could be a guy in the pharmacy and an unknowing nurse. The only person I give shots to is myself. Doctors don't give shots. Others do, I give flu shots to the homeless. I buy that on my own. Yes help with death does happen and not really talked about. That goes against my promise buy some had their fingers crossed. Night my friend!
Eight years ago - thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience with me

Maybe I did scare them off....

Blues4U

Reaction score
I have been on this forum almost 8 years. I can tell you that we do indeed have doctors , lawyers and nurses on this site.

I can also tell you we have had and still continue to have members that are not what/who they claim to be. We have people, that for whatever reason, glean joy from mis representing themselves and by creating sock accounts etc.

My point for saying all of this is; this is a serious situation where your friend needs qualified, competent council from real professionals. He does not need an armchair lawyer, friend of a doctor nor an Internet know it all.

He needs to check his surrounding area for an expert mal practice attorney and determine if there is cause to sue.

I can tell you this one thing, trying to prove negligence in the medical profession is damn near impossible, even if it occurred.

But your friend needs to visit with several attorneys to see if there is any chance of winning.

Byron999

Reaction score
Our company provided care for people who needed total care, ie. bathing, eating, etc.

I have had experience with hospitals wanting to discharge patients prior to them having a post-op bowel movement. I absolutely refused to accept them until that happened as the complications, pain management, etc were beyond what we were willing to risk for that person. They needed to be monitored professionally until the bowels are functioning again. The hospital's bean counters would call me (2:00am) upon their shift changes (yes, bean counters work 3 shifts at hospitals) and try to hard sale me to come pick up my client when the insurance stopped covering the cost.

I've seen bowel impaction that would blow your mind. A surgeon took a picture while on the operating table, cradling it in two hands the size of a football. I'll try and find it.

Point is, if they released a person to care facility following an operation, these facilities have skilled nursing on staff. I've had client spend a few weeks in these also. We would have regular meetings with their staff. I'm very certain a nurse, not just a doctor, can order the enemas (ours could, they need no doctor's order for enemas in this state)

Definitely talk to a lawyer.

Also, bowel movement charting is common place and should be routine.

Jakeislove

Reaction score
As Blues wrote, OP would need the charts and so on reviewed by a lawyer and independent medical expert. Simply saying she wasn't given an enema means nothing without knowing the diagnosis and thought process behind why one wasn't appropriate.

PageSide84

Reaction score
I will get to the point:

My dear friend's sister-in-law just recently got hospice. Weeks ago, she was taken in from CA out of an abusive relationship. She was diagnosed with a tumor, which the surgery was successful. She was moved to a recovery home (I guess that is what they are called). It was going to be slow therapy from there (supposedly).

At the beginning of this week, I found out the sister-in-law has not gone to the bathroom for two weeks. My friend has repeatedly pleaded with this facility to administer enemas. Her colon exploded. After two surgeries (cleaning the area, etc), the doctors concluded there was no more they can do. They told my friend to call in hospice. She is dying.

Question: Can my friend and his wife sue the facility for gross negligence? He is right now getting all the documentation, records, and talking to senior medical officials. Problem is, this is through Access (spelling?) medical care.
Can this center be shut down for this?

I am angry as hell!:mad2:

I'm an attorney, but I work in government. This isn't legal advice, and I'm not your or your friend's attorney (yes, I have to say that). Anyway, if the events happened even similar to how you described them, then that's ridiculous. CALL AN ATTORNEY. Don't wait. Just do it. There are all sorts of issues that need to be accounted for ASAP. Don't ask people on this or any other internet forum about the case. I can't tell you how many times I've had to correct internet lawyers on the law. Just go get an attorney ASAP. Best of luck.

duck2k

Reaction score
Thanks folks. I was more angry, and needed to vent. I am sure my friend is doing the right thing. He is lining up the documentation, and filing a proper complaint. He has contacted an attorney. Will know more later.

acstorfer

Reaction score
While you have a lawyer, if you get one (sorry I didn't read the entire thread) be sure to get a power of attorney if you didn't do so already.

Latest Threads