Any 18w fans here?

indeedido

Reaction score
I have the Trinity 18 Plexi MkII kit but I haven't finished it yet. I populated the hardware ie pots, tube sockets, etc. and wired up the heater wires and then we moved. I haven't gotten it back out yet. I got the Sozo caps and upgraded Heyboer transformer too. VRM and Cascade mod with switch. I'm also utilizing the boost switch too.

Let us know what you think when you get yours.

Family Man

Reaction score
I have the Trinity 18 Plexi MkII kit but I haven't finished it yet. I populated the hardware ie pots, tube sockets, etc. and wired up the heater wires and then we moved. I haven't gotten it back out yet. I got the Sozo caps and upgraded Heyboer transformer too. VRM and Cascade mod with switch. I'm also utilizing the boost switch too.

Let us know what you think when you get yours.
I'll send an update tonight if I remember and have the energy. Forgot to mention this amp also has the boost switch.

Any idea when you might finish yours? Maybe this thread will get you excited about it again... What cab will you run it through?

Family Man

Reaction score
IMG_2123.JPG
Still need feet, handle and logo, but here she is. The amp is housed in a 70s Marshall Artiste head cab. It's a little wider than I'd like, but the pair still look good together. The head and cab colors match better in person.

Family Man

Reaction score
Well I'm happy to report that my ears are ringing.

I was able to turn the VRM to its lowest setting and the amp to its max. My goodness, the breakup was glorious. I've never achieved a sound like that.

That said, it was still a little too loud for bedroom use even with the VRM holding things back. I will test some home remedies (cab placement, sound diffuser) to see if I can get away with keeping the volumes maxed, or at least close to maxed.

What a great contrast to my Blues Deluxe.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well I'm happy to report that my ears are ringing.

I was able to turn the VRM to its lowest setting and the amp to its max. My goodness, the breakup was glorious. I've never achieved a sound like that.

That said, it was still a little too loud for bedroom use even with the VRM holding things back. I will test some home remedies (cab placement, sound diffuser) to see if I can get away with keeping the volumes maxed, or at least close to maxed.

What a great contrast to my Blues Deluxe.
Outstanding!!! With my 18 watter,the volume can very easily keep up with a drummer. Shewee brother,in the bedroom though!?!? Y’all are a rock’nroll beast,ain’t ya?:headbanger::laugh2::laugh2:

Family Man

Reaction score
Outstanding!!! With my 18 watter,the volume can very easily keep up with a drummer. Shewee brother,in the bedroom though!?!? Y’all are a rock’nroll beast,ain’t ya?:headbanger::laugh2::laugh2:
No, no, no haha. If I didn't have that VRM (kind of like an attenuator), I wouldn't have even been able to approach breakup volumes. That VRM takes away a bunch of headroom.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No, no, no haha. If I didn't have that VRM (kind of like an attenuator), I wouldn't have even been able to approach breakup volumes. That VRM takes away a bunch of headroom.
Ahhh, I see.....didn’t catch the VRM point for some reason,just went over my head:doh:
I tell you,man,the more I read up and research this here Trinity,the more I like it. Y’all got a damn good amplifier!

Family Man

Reaction score
Ahhh, I see.....didn’t catch the VRM point for some reason,just went over my head:doh:
I tell you,man,the more I read up and research this here Trinity,the more I like it. Y’all got a damn good amplifier!
Thanks, I agree. And I don't think you'd believe the price! I bought it used off a fella who built the kit.

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
STOP, I say. STOP :run:

Family Man

Reaction score
Looks nice Luke;)

Didn't know you were over here too, glad I'll get to keep in touch with it! I'm sure Im going to kick myself for letting this one go but Im happy it will get some use!
Thanks again for this whole deal. I was expecting a great amp, and I am still pleasantly surprised!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
STOP, I say. STOP :run:
R,ole buddy,it’s just terrible this addiction we have!! I don’t know how,but,this here amp flew under my radar till Family Man got on here with his and started me on another quest!!
And now the Brewdude shows up,he’s in the know and I still just found out about these?!?? It’s a damn conspiracy!! A scandal!! :laugh2:

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
R,ole buddy,it’s just terrible this addiction we have!! I don’t know how,but,this here amp flew under my radar till Family Man got on here with his and started me on another quest!!
And now the Brewdude shows up,he’s in the know and I still just found out about these?!?? It’s a damn conspiracy!! A scandal!! :laugh2:
And to make it WORSE, it's got voltage reduction? MUST RESIST.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And to make it WORSE, it's got voltage reduction? MUST RESIST.
I know!! That’s what got me all fired up,man!! Hot damn!!

Again @Family Man ,brother,you got a damn good amp and from the exchange with Brewdude,for a great price. Definitely a Happy New Amplifier Day for y’all,brother!!