Anvil pickups?

LPBR

Reaction score
So, I clicked on the MLP banner for Rockaudio because I was curious about the Anvil pickups. They are cheap. Since I am a cheap guy it catch my attention.

Now the question is: they are minimally decent?

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Only if they are...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDC2e6i6Quw]Anvil - Metal On Metal (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhpVtNw7hd4]Anvil - Metal on Metal - YouTube[/ame]

LPBR

Reaction score
Well, OK -- so I suppose that no one knows about it or (more propably) it is pure crap. Better to keep away then!

Thanks, guys! Message received!

:thumb:

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
So, I clicked on the MLP banner for Rockaudio because I was curious about the Anvil pickups. They are cheap. Since I am a cheap guy it catch my attention.

Now the question is: they are minimally decent?

Their shape, I just can't get over their shape.

JeffBlue

Banned
Reaction score
If you read about why these pickups are designed the way they are........it is an interesting concept. They look different which is appealing to me. I have not tried them as of yet.

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
I think it's more that no one has tried them.
If they are cheap there main competitor would be GFS.

Rocknropes

Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing about these pickups since they are a sponsor here. Maybe they should give out a few hundred for free so we can post reviews on them :)

Sustainamaniac

Reaction score
If you read about why these pickups are designed the way they are........it is an interesting concept. They look different which is appealing to me. I have not tried them as of yet.

What is different about them? They look pretty normal to me.

Unless you're talking about the railhammer anvil, in which case I agree.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Professional Series Guitar Pickup

$35 for the bridge, $35 for the neck.

H-Drive Humbucker Guitar Pickup Modern Hot Chrome Neck

$20 for the bridge, $20 for the neck.

k den.

LPBR

Reaction score
Hey gentleman, thanks for the inputs.

I really didn't get too much of what you guys posted about the shape and such. As far as I could see they are regular pickups like the GFS and so many others.

Also, I don't know what the videos has to do with the subject. OK, I confess that I didn't watch them because I don't like the heavy metal, hardcore, whatever style but I am sure that there is not relationship anyway...

What I was asking is if those cheapo pickups line sounds good for the price.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey gentleman, thanks for the inputs.

I really didn't get too much of what you guys posted about the shape and such. As far as I could see they are regular pickups like the GFS and so many others.

Also, I don't know what the videos has to do with the subject. OK, I confess that I didn't watch them because I don't like the heavy metal, hardcore, whatever style but I am sure that there is not relationship anyway...

What I was asking is if those cheapo pickups line sounds good for the price.

they probably sound like 20 dollar pickups.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/rockaudio/fender-dirty-anvil-6020-bridge[/SC]

LPBR

Reaction score
Cool, I didn't see those links. Thanks!

rockaudio

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Andrew from Rockaudio, thought I would chime in and see if I can provide some information.

Being a les paul player myself, and also a long time lurker of mylespaul.....I wanted to put a banner up and get the word out to you all about our humbucker pickups.

We are not trying to reinvent the wheel here, these are classic designs and tones that we all know and love but at a much more affordable price.

A few of us here in the shop, myself included, have the pro series installed in our own les pauls with many playing hours on them and would stack them up against any of the other pickups priced 3 times as much.

We are using the same materials and processes to make our pickups as the bigger name brands like Gibson and Seymour Duncan are but with a much lower overhead which enables us to offer your guys this low price.

We have sold hundreds of these sets and have many satisfied customers but not many reviews on the web. I wish I could give out a few hundred pairs for review…..but, I can't, however, I would be willing to discuss setting up an arrangement with someone if they would like to do a review. Maybe you guys can point me to someone here on the forums that would be a good candidate.

We have a very open return policy and I encourage everyone to give them a try without feeling nervous about being let down. If you are not happy with the pickups give us a call and we will always work things out one hundred percent.

We want these pickups out there and for players to know about them.

Like alligatorbling posted, we do have some soundclips up and plan to post more.

Please feel free to continue this thread with any questions that you may have and I will check back to provide some answers.

Latest Threads