antique white Custom..w/ nickel hardware????

BstrdSonOJmsBrwn

Reaction score
anybody know if Customs in white...were ever issued with nickel hardware???......i'm sure there have been some custom shop one offs...but....production.....OR has anyone ever retrofitted your white Custom to nickel hardware??.....if yes to any of those.....anybody got some pics?...i've looked...i cant find any evidence.....just curious:hmm:

qwank

Reaction score
i'm sure its happened once or twice

HCB 06

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question, but here is a non Gibby custom with Nickel hardware. Paintwork is off white too, photo doesn't show it.

IMGP2536cus.jpg

BstrdSonOJmsBrwn

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question, but here is a non Gibby custom with Nickel hardware. Paintwork is off white too, photo doesn't show it.

not the elusive beast i was searching for.....but pretty damn cool,IMO!:thumb::applause:

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There out there Jimmeh...

Just a beotch to find...

LongBeach

Reaction score
I know where you can order one :hmm:

of course it will be a 68

BstrdSonOJmsBrwn

Reaction score
from what Bole always said about his 68.....i'd have to get the neck shaved....he said his 68 neck was monsterous:laugh2:

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Brett could hook you up as well as Saul.

BstrdSonOJmsBrwn

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all the GC '68s are thin necked.
All the ones I've seen anyway... heavy too.

unfortunately.......from what i've heard....they (GC) cant do/get the antique white......least thats what Bole said....and he's the authority on 68's:thumb::laugh2:

BstrdSonOJmsBrwn

Reaction score
hell.....i've just NEVER saw a white Custom....with nickel hardware.....thats all......i've saw a Standard.....but not a Custom......just wondered about em:thumb::hmm:

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
I'm sure Saul can order you one with a smaller neck... The cost won't be as pretty as the guitar though.

BstrdSonOJmsBrwn

Reaction score
the sanest option......would prolly to find a regular new/used Custom....and replace the hardware.......i just wondered if anybody had done that...or had a "rare" one coming from the factory like that.....seems a rare bird:hmm:

Latest Threads