Antigua

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is what happened to the guy who made Lace Sensors. He “perfected” the pickup and few people cared.

Tony Montana whom I mentioned earlier was a big promoter of Lace Sensors.

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Also, for @Scott A Novak, I have ReWind humbuckers, and single coils. (Made by @cooljuk)

I run them through a @Soul Tramp Amp.

The only thing that would make this a trifecta is if the pickups were in an @LtDave32 guitar.

My point here is that these guys not only took their ideas, but they made something with them. None were “revolutionary”, they are “evolutionary”.

C’mon man.... turn your ideas into reality. Our other MLP brothers did.

I would gladly work with cooljuk on putting his pups in my builds..

oicu812

Reaction score
Keep in mind 90%+ of all mastering is done on digital. The digital is then pressed back to vinyl.

New recordings perhaps.

IIRC, I read many new pressings of classics are done off old analog masters, the original tapes. No digital. If not, what is the point?

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
New recordings perhaps.

IIRC, I read many new pressings of classics are done off old masters, no digital. If not, what is the point?

I was referring to more modern music. The bandwidth of modern digital studio gear is for all practical purposes equal to that of analog, and by "practical purposes" I mean us mortals.

oicu812

Reaction score
I was referring to more modern music. The bandwidth of modern digital studio gear is for all practical purposes equal to that of analog, and by "practical purposes" I mean us mortals.

Of course. I get that. Like I said, in most listening environments most couldn't tell.

I am by no means an expert beyond physics classes when it comes to sound waves, but, I don't think bandwidth is part of the equation, whereas uninterrupted recorded sound on analog tape versus digital recording/playback.

Again, as tech gets better, the copying or transfer of analog signals to digital gets better and better, BUT, read this:

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
One more on the Lace bandwagon..

DSC_0243a.jpg

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more on the Lace bandwagon..

View attachment 430640
I love 'em too.
A buddy had an Ultra and wanted to upgrade his gold Laces to the red/blue/silver set with black covers.
I installed them and changed his knobs out to black, and had a trophy shop engrave his initials on the PG like the SRV model.
He loved it and paid me by giving me the gold Laces.
I used those in a Partscaster build, and jeez those pickups were the sweetest thing I owned.
I ultimately sold that guitar to my boss before he retired and he still loves it.

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad that drama is over....

On a side note, I am a member of a few different guitar forums, and something in the back of my mind tells me I've seen the OP on other forums in the past, doing similar stuff. I could be wrong...

freefrog

Reaction score
What?

I kept from this fine thread because I thought it was about that thing North of Guadeloupe!

..while this thread is actually going South… and should be soon BIGGER that Guadaloupe!

On a side note, I am a member of a few different guitar forums, and something in the back of my mind tells me I've seen the OP on other forums in the past, doing similar stuff. I could be wrong...

Exactly like the member named in the tittle of this topic could be seen explaining on another forum how guitar pickups work to… Frank Falbo, former Duncan designer and the man behind Fishman Fluence (!!!)…

According to this thread, this tendency is still alive and keeps RUINING an autodidactic research on pickups, generously shared on other forums and which seems in itself quite honorable…

I won’t walk again on the slippery slope of the related arguments but I stay ready to share (humbly) by PM’s some of my own first-hand “hard data” of these last decades, about Tri-Sonic’s (in 2 words), Filter’Tron’s, and other things "a bit" oversimplified in order to sermonize some interlocutor(s) somewhere above…

Scott A Novak

Banned
Reaction score
For whoever wanted to see photos of my "non-existant" amplifier, here it is. This is a non-existant proof of concept prototype. It's is obviously not ruggedized for gigging. And no, you don't get to see the good stuff underneath until to goes into production. Before anyone asks, it is not built onto a PWB. That's just a fiberglass sheet. All electrical connections are done with unplated copper wire. It should be obvious that it is a Dynaco Stereo 70 chassis. The only original parts are the chassis, output transformers, and power transformer. It's using the better sounding early model output transformers and the beefier later model power transformer. It uses over 2,600µF of capacitance in the power supply. It will put out in excess of 35W continuous per channel at clipping @20HZ with both channels driven for a total of over 70W continuous. It will also work quite well with a bass guitar. It can be operated in stereo or in a mono bridged or mono parallel mode. The circuit is balanced from input to output. But remember, this is non-existent. It's just a figment of my imagination.

Scott A. Novak

IMG_6841 Front Top.jpg
IMG_6843 Rear Top.jpg

Latest Threads