Another noob

multi-useless

Reaction score
Hi, I’m Jamie - been playing guitar off and on for over 30 years and I’m still not any good at it, but I enjoy it. First electric was a MIJ Strat that I got for Christmas as a kid... added a BC Rich NJ series and an Ibanez as a teenager, then got a really nice Taylor acoustic that I played almost exclusively for 20 years. I still have them all, but all this time and I’d never owned a Les Paul...

So when I got back into electric guitars about a year ago, (even though I play them unplugged 99% of the time - it works for me) I decided I needed a Les Paul and bought myself one for my birthday - a gently used Epi LP Studio in great condition and at a really good price. Then I bought myself another one for Christmas... and I’m not done yet. So when I found this forum, I figured I should join - I probably won’t be able to contribute much, but I look forward to learning as my collection grows, and probably using knowledge found here to help guide my purchases. Thanks for having me!

multi-useless

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Pic are always appreciated, and lots of good info on here.
Thanks! Let’s see if I can figure out how to upload a pic...
63FB4731-378C-41B6-BBB8-F9649BD4FBB1.jpeg

Success! This is the one that started it all for me... other one is just an Epi LP Goth model with some dents and dings that I had to have because black on black with only 12th fret inlay is just cool

multi-useless

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Prepare yourself. You've entered the MLP zone.

:cheers:
Thanks! I get the impression that this is gonna be a lot like my venture into the cigar forums, where I show up with a full 100 count humidor of smokes thinking I’m cool, and 5 years later I’m knee deep in a much larger collection of much better cigars... and I’m ok with that. I’m happy with my cigar collection, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy with a bigger guitar collection.

My only complaint is that it’s hard to smoke and play at the same time

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I get the impression that this is gonna be a lot like my venture into the cigar forums, where I show up with a full 100 count humidor of smokes thinking I’m cool, and 5 years later I’m knee deep in a much larger collection of much better cigars... and I’m ok with that. I’m happy with my cigar collection, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy with a bigger guitar collection.

That's about right!

You start off with one LP, and before you know it you're up to three with two others that you have your eye on.

As my wife says, "it's a sickness." She's right.

simon connor

Reaction score
Hi! I also play unplugged a lot - I recently got a Spark 40 amp that has a headphone jack, and I just can't recommend it highly enough. It has amp simulators and pedal simulators built right into it and, my favorite feature, you can call up rhythm tracks from the internet and play along with them on the headphones. I don't think I'll ever take this thing to a gig, but that's not what I bought it for - I bought it for practicing while my wife and child are sleeping. It is perfect!

simon connor

Reaction score
That's about right!

You start off with one LP, and before you know it you're up to three with two others that you have your eye on.

As my wife says, "it's a sickness." She's right.
Someone should start a 12 step program for Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS.) "Hi, I'm Simon, and I am an addict..."

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

You probably need to drink more to balance smoking cigars and playing guitars...

Oh, and Welcome to MLP...

Latest Threads