Another NGD: Amber Burst R8

coldengray

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This landed in my lap from a friend...long story but now it's mine. 2019 R8 in Amber burst. 8 pounds even, Carmelita neck. Not sure if I will keep it, I want to but gotta sell some stuff and see how the finances shake out. In the meantime here she is...a looker for sure:

Last edited:

coldengray

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
LOVE that Amber with the wood grain! Carmelita neck shape on an R8??? Was the guitar special order or something?
It's a CME exclusive: light weight, dark fretboard, Carmelita neck, big frets, hand selected top, etc.

My photography does not do it justice.

PauloQS

Reaction score
You should have alerted us that we were going to need a bib for this post. That thing is gorgeous and at such comfortable weight too. How do you like it in terms of playability and tone? After I got my 2019 R9, which meant selling a bunch on my guitars, I almost play it exclusively. I haven't looked back since and I have to part ways with some really nice guitars.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
That's beautiful! I didn't realize that was a finish option for an R8. I thought they were sort of limited for 2019 compared to R9s, but maybe that was part of the special CME run that you mentioned.

Congrats!

ESchmidt

Reaction score
That is a wonderful looking guitar, probably as close as can be to my "dream" top--mildly flamed with plenty of streaks and fleks. A very big congrats and HNGD to you!!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
This landed in my lap from a friend...long story but now it's mine. 2019 R8 in Amber burst. 8 pounds even, Carmelita neck. Not sure if I will keep it, I want to but gotta sell some stuff and see how the finances shake out. In the meantime here she is...a looker for sure:

YEAHHHH keep it it will only look better as it ages.

Pageburst

Reaction score
Congrats. Gorgeous R8. While saying a top looks vintagey is a bit of a misnomer since vintage Bursts where all over the place top wise, to me your R8 top embodies what I consider a very vintagey looking top. Just enough flame, great mineral streaks. Hopefully you can hang on to her because that is one sweet looking Les Paul