Another New Gibson Studio Line: 2012 Studio

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
zZounds is advertising a new Gibson Les Paul Studio line called the 2012 Studio for $1399. Several new colors but the main differences are:

-60's SlimTaper neck
-Granadillo fretboard
-Coil-tapped 498T and 490R

They don't have pictures of every color, but they list Ebony, Fireburst, Inverness Green, Pelham Blue, Radiant Red, Silver Pearl, Vintage Sunburst and Wine Red--all available with either chrome or gold hardware.

I don't see this model listed on Gibson's web site yet, so I don't know if they are a zZounds exclusive or if they will be offered elsewhere.

Gibson 2012 Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar with Case at zZounds

attachment.php

Attachments

• LPSTUS2CH1_-29105fce5d30af746d8d00db09e0d955.jpg
    LPSTUS2CH1_-29105fce5d30af746d8d00db09e0d955.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 655

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
They look pretty cool, more color options are always nice.
Haven't heard too much about granadillo though. :hmm:

jimmyohio75

Reaction score
Hmmm, I've never seen Inverness Green. That could be interesting. I like the fact that Gibson is offering more affordable LP's with 60's necks.

MeKevin

Reaction score
This is great, but for a few hundred more, you could get a trad pro.

It's cool they are using silver paint for the headstock decal on two of the models.

I bet the granadillo looks better on the actual models, these stock photos look a bit like BM. I really want to try out the granadillo though. At least then when my friends ask me why I spend so much on a guitar, I can throw out a corksniffer sounding word to them.

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet the granadillo looks better on the actual models, these stock photos look a bit like BM.

I bet you're right. Compare the difference in appearance of the baked maple fretboard between the stock photo of the Classic Custom on Gibson's website and an actual Classic Custom (mine--with NO treatment to the fretboard; that's how it came out of the box):

Stock:
Splash-02.jpg

Actual:
clcu-46.jpg

Last edited:

MeKevin

Reaction score
I bet you're right. Compare the difference in appearance of the baked maple fretboard between the stock photo of the Classic Custom on Gibson's website and an actual Classic Custom (mine--with NO treatment to the fretboard; that's how it came out of the box):

Stock:
Splash-02.jpg

Actual:
clcu-46.jpg

Exactly. That was part of my reasoning. From most posts, the majority of the BMs didn't look as light as the stock photos. Maybe they do that to "under promise and over serve". I dunno.

Other photos of granadillo on the internet look quite different from these stock photos. Great looking axe by the way.

Murfdog

Reaction score
Is this the Studio Deluxe Traditional Pro '60s Tribute w/ Humbuckers that was supposed to be released this year?

cynic79

Reaction score
They look pretty cool, more color options are always nice.
Haven't heard too much about granadillo though. :hmm:

I've heard of it being used on some classical guitars and basses. Supposed to be related to cocobolo.

brokenarrow5

Reaction score

Stock:
Splash-02.jpg

Actual:
clcu-46.jpg

will you stop showing that guitar damn you

:wow:

92Standard

Reaction score

Stock:
Splash-02.jpg

Actual:
clcu-46.jpg

Great lookin' fretboard and guitar!!! :thumb:

Canadian Charlie

Reaction score
The Gibson Les Paul Studio 2012 looks like it will be my next guitar (saving up to buy it by the end of this year) and my first Gibson. I'm thinking of getting it in Wine Red with chrome hardware.

Latest Threads