Another Kind of MeToo...

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If anyone thinks that these corporations give the tiniest of rats-asses about the environment, they are just fucking stupid. Millennials everywhere are in their glory over this shit, and honestly, if it wasn't disgusting, it would be comical.

Saving the oceans from millions of single-use plastic items??? No. Try this on for size: Saving the corporation millions of dollars, while pandering to the generation who puts bolts in their faces.

You really want to save the oceans from millions of single-use plastic items??? STOP THROWING SHIT INTO THE FUCKING OCEANS!!!

But, I'm sure that more of this environmental salvations is on the horizon, as our woke corporations laugh all the way to the bank, and the sheepol feel good about themselves and the world they live in. #youareallfuckingidiots

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I like how grocery stores in my area now charge 5cents for each and every (plastic) bag.
I'd like to know how much profit this makes them now.

I now tell grocery stores to give me paper bags if I have to pay for them.

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anyone thinks that these corporations give the tiniest of rats-asses about the environment, they are just fucking stupid. Millennials everywhere are in their glory over this shit, and honestly, if it wasn't disgusting, it would be comical.

Saving the oceans from millions of single-use plastic items??? No. Try this on for size: Saving the corporation millions of dollars, while pandering to the generation who puts bolts in their faces.

You really want to save the oceans from millions of single-use plastic items??? STOP THROWING SHIT INTO THE FUCKING OCEANS!!!

But, I'm sure that more of this environmental salvations is on the horizon, as our woke corporations laugh all the way to the bank, and the sheepol feel good about themselves and the world they live in. #youareallfuckingidiots

Thank you!

How does my trash in the desert make it to the damn oceans anyway?!? It's a bunch of crap!

redking

Reaction score

Hamtone

Reaction score
@Dun Ringill Bingo!

I'm all for sensibly reducing plastic, but as with all things, the truth eventually comes out and we shall see if anyone has the cojones to do anything about it. Again - blame globalization for this problem.

President mentioned this this morning in Davos. The chinese are the largest polluters, they give no shit about it one way or another

05jrock

Reaction score
People can't recycle. At best they can reuse.

Am I supposed to grind up my old paper and make my own cardboard boxes and toilet paper?
Maybe it's a bit different in the states but here in Australia almost every house hold has 2 wheelie bins, 1 for general waste collected weekly, 1 for recycling collected fortnightly.
People can recycle but choose not too, even local govts are choosing not to because it is costing them money.

But since China stopped taking the world's rubbish no one knows what to do with used plastics. My work is in plastic packaging, occasionally we receive a faulty product from our factory and have to get rid of it as it either doesn't perform or isn't food grade, there is no one in Brisbane that wants to recycle pet plastic because there is no money to be made, we can't even give it away for free

pnuggett

Reaction score
Maybe it's a bit different in the states but here in Australia almost every house hold has 2 wheelie bins, 1 for general waste collected weekly, 1 for recycling collected fortnightly.
People can recycle but choose not too, even local govts are choosing not to because it is costing them money.

But since China stopped taking the world's rubbish no one knows what to do with used plastics. My work is in plastic packaging, occasionally we receive a faulty product from our factory and have to get rid of it as it either doesn't perform or isn't food grade, there is no one in Brisbane that wants to recycle pet plastic because there is no money to be made, we can't even give it away for free

Same thing happening in the states. Local governments are losing money and discontinuing recycle programs. Do-gooders with big ideas and very short sight.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Corporations can save money and also have the side effect of helping the environment every once in a while. Win win
Sorry, not buying it. It's not being cynical. It's just reality.

You don't have to throw stuff into the ocean for stuff to eventually make it into to the oceans.
That is not my problem. Perhaps, we need to reenact some of those "pesky regulations" now, don't we? My point about corporations. It's cheaper to dump in the ocean, and they are allowed to do it, soooooo....

You will never convince me that any publicly traded company gives a fuck about anything other than shareholder value... greedy cocksuckers, all of them.

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same thing happening in the states. Local governments are losing money and discontinuing recycle programs. Do-gooders with big ideas and very short sight.
They've dropped our recycling pickup to twice a month. When the bin gets full the rest gets tossed!

My Les Paul Classifieds