Another Joe B sig... Korina "Amos" Flying V

thecasterkid

Reaction score
Just posted to IG. Wondering how these will differ from the 58 reissues spec-wise. Looks great so far.

Marshallow

Reaction score
That is really cool, including that funky truss rod cover. I love the "Treasure" Firebird so much and have been looking at Vs lately so I'm definitely gonna grab one of those to see what's what. I hope they'll give it the same perfect neck shape, not too big, not too small.

Now, I'm in Hong Kong, they got Gibson dealers here, but I still have to buy that stuff from overseas, ain't that a drag? I gotta make some connections in Qingdao...

irocdave12

Reaction score
I believe the truss rod cover is meant to replicate the fancy one on the real Amos that was loaned to joe by the family of Amos who originally sold the V over 50 yrs ago. Joe took the V back to the original music store Amos owned and received the cover at that time about a year ago

judson

Reaction score
this is pure coincidence...

i click on an email and see opening of joe at atlantic city playing Amos and i thought dam i would like to have a V again even being awkward to play somewhat when sitting, then i go to joes site, see posted the 600/1000 limited Fbird in sunburst and poly gold sold out, so i come here to post those production numbers which i wonder if they held to that ,...........then see this possible surprize....dam i want an Amos now....if they are are good as the FB turned out, im hitting the pre-order as soon as someone tells me it is there.......thanks jb...i think im in...ok i know im in, are they here yet???

xmas delivery again?....ok i guess i can wait like last year

Bud Stoner

Premium Member
Reaction score
this is pure coincidence...

i click on an email and see opening of joe at atlantic city playing Amos and i thought dam i would like to have a V again even being awkward to play somewhat when sitting, then i go to joes site, see posted the 600/1000 limited Fbird in sunburst and poly gold sold out, so i come here to post those production numbers which i wonder if they held to that ,...........then see this possible surprize....dam i want an Amos now....if they are are good as the FB turned out, im hitting the pre-order as soon as someone tells me it is there.......thanks jb...i think im in...ok i know im in, are they here yet???

xmas delivery again?....ok i guess i can wait like last year

If the V is as good as my FB1 is, which I'm sure it will be, it'll be a nice addition to your tonal arsenal.

Get your preorder in now, amigo! :cheers:

Bud Stoner

Premium Member
Reaction score
are they taking pre orders already?
Not anywhere that I have seen, but when they do........you may want to just jump at it.

Worst case scenario, if you don't like it for whatever reason, you can return it, no harm no foul.........:cheers:

judson

Reaction score
ok this is looking good ....borrowed this from another sight, guess its ok to post?

someone tell me their guess on price....like that has stopped anyone here before..:wow:

djw171

Reaction score
Based on the Firebird and the way Epi signature models have been going over the past few years, and the fact it looks like it comes with a hard case (although the 'official' Firebird case was only via Joe's site) I would guess street price of $1000 and again probably a limited run.

The Sunburst Firebird I does look as it was kept down in numbers as initially stated. Hard to find now.

rich85

Reaction score
You would expect Burstbucker 2&3 pickups. Which means it will sound damn good.

Campbell

Reaction score
Damn, I'm running out of room for all my guitars as it is now.
Curse you, Epiphone!

Jibril

Reaction score

Seven

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Well that's a bummer, Epiphone pickups and tuners.

Tech Specs

• Body Type:Solidbody
  • Body Shape:Flying V
  • Left-/Right-handed:Right-handed
  • Number of Strings:6
  • Body Material:Korina
  • Color:Antique Cherry
  • Neck Material:Korina
  • Neck Shape:1958 Rounded C
  • Radius:12"
  • Fingerboard Material:FSC Certified Blackwood
  • Fingerboard Inlay:Dots