Another chapter in the book of life closes...

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
My Uncle Al passed away. This man was like my 5th grandfather. He was full of wisdom, knew what to say, and when. Yet, we only really connected last year. His brother, my Uncle Bill passed away a couple years ago. He was like a surrogate grandfather too. Both brothers had wisdom in them that many did not come to appreciate, but I did.

You see, I value my elders, and I don't have many left, who also happen to be my relatives. Both of these men were actually brothers to my Mom's mother. I guess I am envisioning yet another chapter of my life, not unlike after my father died back in May 2010. I had to pick up the reigns, and realize that I didn't need to feel as if I were always going through life as if in his shadow.

It's not the same now. Just saddened is all, sad for his wife Mary of some 65 years, sad that I do not readily have someone to go visit on those days when I want to discuss things with someone who's actually been there.

So go rest high on that mountain Uncle Al. Gonna miss another wise soul, and may we someday meet up again...all of us, without our pains, suffering and other troubles of this physical world.

Mark.

A generation goes and a generation comes,
But the earth remains forever.
5 Also, the sun rises and the sun sets;
And hastening to its place it rises there again.
6 Blowing toward the south,
Then turning toward the north,
The wind continues swirling along;
And on its circular courses the wind returns.
7 All the rivers flow into the sea,
Yet the sea is not full.
To the place where the rivers flow,
There they flow again.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I understand exactly what you mean with your written thoughts.

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My sincere condolence Mark.

Maynar

You reached for the secret too soon
Reaction score
By your account he was a good man and a fine role model. That's good enough for me.

Sorry for your loss, Mark. You have my sincere sympathies.

lemmy loud

Reaction score
Your eulogy is very touching. There is nothing that can be said to ease the hurt or fill the void losing a loved one leaves. All we can hope for is that a feeling of passive-peaceful resignation and pleasant memories take the place of the anguish and pain, over time. Very sorry for your loss.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My sympathies and condolences to you and your family, Mark.

Savor your memories and stay strong-- this is the best anybody can do, and what he would undoubtedly have wished for.

--Rob

cherryles

Reaction score
Rip, sorry for your loss, I admire your respect of your elders, these men have seen and heard so much, there's decades of wisdom in them, I feel a great way to honor that is to take their thoughts, opinions and advice on board, even after they've passed on, and talk about them, whenever the opportunity presents itself, that way they'll never be forgotten.

Ed B

Reaction score
A fitting tribute to a seemingly great man. It doesn't get any better than that. My condolences.

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
Geez, I thought I posted a reply to you guys. Guess it didn't take. Thank you for your kind words everyone. I appreciate it.

Ermghoti

Reaction score
Sorry to hear, there are no replacements for the great ones.

jc2000

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your uncle. Sounds like you enjoyed him while he was here, and that's what really matters.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

Goes to show that wider family relationships should be cultivated and cherished.
:thumb:

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Mark. Sounds like he was a great guy.

Latest Threads