Another Aging Boomer Surfacing......

+Lefty

Reaction score
Howdy, A very few of the members may know me. I can't tell who is who. No Matter. I keep a somewhat low profile. I joined to refresh my Les Paul mojo. I have not played one yet I have owned one for 26 years. I think it might be interesting for the forum to read about my very special one-of a kind Les Paul and I will post on that in the LP main forum.
Guitar wise- First Guitar a shiny new red Jaguar-a gift from my parents along with a payment book. It came with a Tweed Bassman amp. "Satisfaction" was the song on the radio at the time and I played along with that song for days on end. That should date me. I payed off the gear washing windows-as I was in High School at the time. The day I payed the Jag off-I traded it straight across for a beater 50's strat in pale yellow (aged white) to the amusement of the local shop man. It was really distressed. I gave it to a fellow art student who painted it all flower power for me using water colors. Trying for a Cream era SG look. It worked. Became a player.
I saw Hendrix Play In Cleveland, Jimmy Page with The Yardbirds in Ohio and again with Led Zepplin mid-70's in Vegas, and Saw Danny Gatton In Nashville and Vancouver.. I am blessed to have seen a lot of live acts, hobby-toured as a music videographer on the west coast and have been friends with a few professional players and supremely skilled luthiers over the years.

I played in bands semi-pro for a while when I was dangerously young. Opened for War at Ceasar's Palace and was asked by Tony Bennett to turn down-which I consider an honor! Best Cheer from a listener "Dude you sound just like Hendrix" and best Jeer: "Your Guitar is Psychedelic but you're not!". Garage Bands and old gear are cool to me.

Guitars: Had a decent collection of 80+ instruments- Sold most of them off to help finance a home to retire to. Have a couple left. I do sneak a new in once and a while. Hooked I guess.

Now that I am fully retired I am playing again.. and I dug out the Les Paul. Hopefully this forum will share all of Billy F. Gibbons' tone secrets..
+Lefty
And no I am not Plus sized nor a left handed person.

Last edited:

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the show, Lefty...
I wandered by this thread but see you have already been contributing to others...

Thought I'd put in my official Welcome to MLP for your post.

You my have already noticed but MLP has a lot skilled muscians and artisans
of the guitar and other instruments. Also there is some wicked senses of humor
floating around here.

Look out for Friday Nights...lots of people unwinding and it can get...how can I say this...

sarcastic.

Good luck and see you around the funway...

NotScott

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. You wouldn't happen to be the same Lefty from the old Plexi Palace Vintage Amps boards, would you?

+Lefty

Reaction score
Thanks S.Rock.
Not that Lefty NotScott. Sorry. There are so many Leftys by name. In one of the bands I was in I got nicknamed Lefty, the drummer got Sluggo and the Bass player got Bubba. The names stuck.
Thanks

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Howdy, A very few of the members may know me. I can't tell who is who. No Matter. I keep a somewhat low profile. I joined to refresh my Les Paul mojo. I have not played one yet I have owned one for 26 years. I think it might be interesting for the forum to read about my very special one-of a kind Les Paul and I will post on that in the LP main forum.
Guitar wise- First Guitar a shiny new red Jaguar-a gift from my parents along with a payment book. It came with a Tweed Bassman amp. "Satisfaction" was the song on the radio at the time and I played along with that song for days on end. That should date me. I payed off the gear washing windows-as I was in High School at the time. The day I payed the Jag off-I traded it straight across for a beater 50's strat in pale yellow (aged white) to the amusement of the local shop man. It was really distressed. I gave it to a fellow art student who painted it all flower power for me using water colors. Trying for a Cream era SG look. It worked. Became a player.
I saw Hendrix Play In Cleveland, Jimmy Page with The Yardbirds in Ohio and again with Led Zepplin mid-70's in Vegas, and Saw Danny Gatton In Nashville and Vancouver.. I am blessed to have seen a lot of live acts, hobby-toured as a music videographer on the west coast and have been friends with a few professional players and supremely skilled luthiers over the years.

I played in bands semi-pro for a while when I was dangerously young. Opened for War at Ceasar's Palace and was asked by Tony Bennett to turn down-which I consider an honor! Best Cheer from a listener "Dude you sound just like Hendrix" and best Jeer: "Your Guitar is Psychedelic but you're not!". Garage Bands and old gear are cool to me.

Guitars: Had a decent collection of 80+ instruments- Sold most of them off to help finance a home to retire to. Have a couple left. I do sneak a new in once and a while. Hooked I guess.

Now that I am fully retired I am playing again.. and I dug out the Les Paul. Hopefully this forum will share all of Billy F. Gibbons' tone secrets..
+Lefty
WELCOME!! :D.

lunchbox

Reaction score
Welcome!

I'm on the left coast too, in the only 1 of the 3 states that is still salvageable at this point: Oregon.

stringbender11

Reaction score

+Lefty
Wow, you've had quite the life. Wish you lived closer so we could jam and you could tell me about some of your experiences. Glad you're playing again in any case. :)