Android music player application?

Skeletor

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a (preferably free) music player application for Android devices?
Looks like Google has scrapped Thiers in favor of YouTube music player.
Just need something simple and intuitive for playing locally stored music.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Folder Player.

Breezin

Reaction score
I use Musicolet

Musicolet is Developed by Krosbits, It is a music player with lots of features. The android app is installed by over 1 million users and maintained an impressive rating of 4.7 in PlayStore. One of the best things is that you don’t need to search for Musicolet music player mod apk on google to get a free version because it is 100% Free Music Player. There are 64k+ Android Users who reviewed this app. So, of course, it is well popular and having a large fan base. The Main Features of this app are listed below.

Features Of Musicolet That Make Everyone Love It
  • No Ads
  • No internet permission, completely offline.
  • Multiple Queues (20 Max) Can be managed.
  • Simple GUI with Minimalistic design & Easy navigation
  • It comes with inbuilt Tag editor+.
  • Move/Copy songs, Rename folders operations can be performed directly from the app
  • Folder browsing
  • Powerful Equalizer.
  • Separate presets and settings for Speakers, Headphones, Bluetooth etc.
  • Gapless playback option available.
  • Earphone controls
  • Embedded Lyrics + LRC support
  • Sleep and auto-close timers
  • Stunning Widgets can create a shortcut at home.
  • Lock Screen with various functions.
  • Android Auto support
  • Light and dark themes
  • Backup and Restore available for settings, playlists, and play-counts.
https://weobserved.com/musicolet-review.html

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run MediaMonkey.
It gets along with Android Auto and allows access to all functions from the phone screen so my wife can search and scroll while we're on the road.
The AA interface on the dash is extremely limiting in what it allows, and IIRC, Winamp and some of the other players lock out the phone screen when connected to AA.

It also has sync functions with the desktop version, but I generally manually copy as I've had issues in the past with duplicates when attempting to sync.

My main complaint about it is if I search by Artist>Album, it brings up compilation albums sorted under the artist, rather than as a group, so if I want to listen to something like "Dio: This is Your Life" I can't bring up the full album by pulling up Anthraxx.
If pulling up listings by Artist>Song (like if I have 10 songs, but only one or two from each album), then it sorts them alphabetically... so you end up with duplicates played one after the other.

Latest Threads