Anders Osborne - Guitars Stolen

smk506

Reaction score
...you have to pay the pawn shop what they paid for the guitars to get them back. That's what happened to me anyway.
They screwed you, bad. In instances like that the police should be notified, they’d come and collect the property and hand it over to you, the rightful owner. Provided of course you filed a police report and all that. You don’t have to pay for your stolen property back.

Wyatt Earp

Banned
Reaction score
They screwed you, bad. In instances like that the police should be notified, they’d come and collect the property and hand it over to you, the rightful owner. Provided of course you filed a police report and all that. You don’t have to pay for your stolen property back.
The police were there. I had to meet the detective at the pawn shop. Luckily, it was only a DeWalt drill. I had to pay the store $10.00 to get it back.

parts

Reaction score
Here in AZ..you can go with police and your instrument/items go in lock up as evidence and you wait to get it back OR..wait the time to clear the pawn hold..buy it back. I have seen the condition of things returned after that sometimes lengthy process..
I had my '69 Dove stolen,,a one off Gibson GA75 Recording amp my '73 Traynor and my inherited 1929 one of a kind Pacheco & Klemm banjo (pawned for $125!)..also an original Ibanez Flying Pan..several Nakamichi and Shure mics..
Only the Dove shit human want $20 extra ($175 total)..I knew the thief..as I was his sponsor in NA..so I did not press charges..as his father had been through a lot and lost a son in Iraq..
Also some of wife's jewelry..
The also stole an old Crate amp..which I let go..not worth what they gave the kid in pawn,,
I canvased every pawn shop I could..and found it all in one day after theft. (I had a thread on here a few or more years ago about this)

I do not EVER go into pawn shops..would never buy anything from one..sad..sick places..

The kid OD a couple years later..after another bust and 2 years in jail,, He died 5 days after release..

What followed was why my name changed here..but we got a lot of bad folks now still in "alternative" housing and a shitload of H and Meth of the street..

Last edited:

Bluesky

Reaction score
I love that guy.......People suck. Guys that are just hard working stiffs and cant afford to have guitar body guards.......like Tab Benoit , I really fear for them. Animals are everywhere.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Because of this post I started listening to Anders - great musician. Feel very bad for him and hope they get the stuff back to him.
Black Eye Galaxy and Peace are standouts.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
That sucks, I hope they find the thieves and cut their hands off.

At this point though, why do people not carry the most valuable things from the van into the room with them? I realize that you couldn't unload the entire van, but the unique guitars could be carried inside in just a single trip.

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Premium Member
Reaction score
That really sucks for him man.

I'll never leave guitars anywhere but where I'm at.
If it means bringing three axes into the hotel room.....so be it.

I've had amps stolen & a prized pedal board stolen at different times out of my vehicles.

But never a guitar, thank Gawd!

I'm a cynical bastard and
If a thief thinks they can get to it, they'll get to it.

K

THDNUT

Reaction score
The punishment Mal suggested should be dealt to all (grand larceny) thieves/burglars, not just guitar/gear thieves.

When I am the Grand Poobah of the world, I will make it so.

fry

Reaction score
Who is this?
I thought I was the only one. I admit that I had to Google the name of this person, never heard of him. Still feel bad for his situation, of course.

defcrew

Reaction score
Killer tone and touch on the slide but those three songs were more like one song, weren't they?

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
That’s a representation of his “rock” material...

Here’s more:

defcrew

Reaction score
He's a tasty player. Reminds me a little of Luther Dickinson. They get a lot of flow for a three piece.

Meclazine2

Reaction score
With this particular guys guitars, all of the descrptions listed are wrong.

That's not a '68 Strat or a '74 LP Custom. Post theft, his models have been upgraded slightly.

It happens. All too common unfortunately.

Most of Jimi Hendrix' nice guitars used live were flogged.

Latest Threads