And you thought the new Dodge Dart was a bad idea....

dem00n

Reaction score
Also a combo of brands can be a great sucess...who remembers the Buick GNX with McLaren tech in it? Thing was a beast.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Doesnt really give any info on the Cuda, just tell us that it might have some Alfa parts? Well i don't think Dodge isnt going to **** this one up, rumors are the new Cuda will replace the Challenger. I give em hope.

:hmm: I think that with Fiat as the new owners it's more likely that Chrysler will use Fiat/Alfa platforms and designs. I would rather see the Cuda replace the Charger than the Challenger.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Seems like an odd remake. I did the challenger. I think it looks great and is packing some ok power. However sitting in it has you looking at mainly hood and not road. If they do remake the Barracuda.. I hope they please give it a traditional gearbox.. ya know, where YOU do the work. I also hope they give it good power and keep it a two door. By good, i'm talking 320whp/tq+ and RWD.

They will most likely botch this like the Charger simply to get sales. The charger was a complete let down and now you see morons all day long with "22's" on them.

All you ever did see was the hood in those historic whales. Ever ride in '68 RoadRunner or Charger?

"The 3.6 makes 292 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque, 42 more ponies and 10 more lb-ft than were produced by the old car’s 3.5-liter V-6."

2012 Chrysler 300S V6 8-Speed Automatic Test – Review – Car and Driver

fancyfootwork

Reaction score
Also a combo of brands can be a great sucess...who remembers the Buick GNX with McLaren tech in it? Thing was a beast.

GNX was/is awesome. Had a buddy whose brother had one. Been seeing a lot of them lately too. Mean ride.

fancyfootwork

Reaction score
All you ever did see was the hood in those historic whales. Ever ride in '68 RoadRunner or Charger?

"The 3.6 makes 292 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque, 42 more ponies and 10 more lb-ft than were produced by the old car’s 3.5-liter V-6."

2012 Chrysler 300S V6 8-Speed Automatic Test – Review – Car and Driver

True they are all whales.

How much power is lost through the trans? Probably pushing 260/230 on a 4162lb car? Not slow by any means.. but who doesn't want more power? :naughty:

I wonder how that 300s handles.. like a boat?

HenryHill

Reaction score
True they are all whales.

How much power is lost through the trans? Probably pushing 260/230 on a 4162lb car? Not slow by any means.. but who doesn't want more power? :naughty:

I wonder how that 300s handles.. like a boat?

All automotive HP ratings are AT THE WHEEL, since the early 70's. NET. 'Vettes up until about '92 had less HP.

fancyfootwork

Reaction score
All automotive HP ratings are AT THE WHEEL, since the early 70's. NET. 'Vettes up until about '92 had less HP.

Not to veer off topic with this thread but.. Are you positive on this? Not saying your wrong. Every dyno reading I've seen almost always has a power loss. Generally between 10-20% for RWD/FWD and 15-25% for AWD.

blusmbl

Reaction score
SAE gross and SAE net have different correction factors, net is for more realistic atmospheric conditions, and with accessories like an alternator and water pump in place, but is still measured at the flywheel. No vehicle is rated in terms of rear (or front) wheel horsepower.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Not to veer off topic with this thread but.. Are you positive on this? Not saying your wrong. Every dyno reading I've seen almost always has a power loss. Generally between 10-20% for RWD/FWD and 15-25% for AWD.

I stand corrected. Brake HP (post '72) is measured with full accessories at the dyno, and does not include transmission losses. But still, the point is that in a small modern new platform, 292HP is a screamer.

bertzie

Reaction score
It's their property, they can do what ever the hell they want with it.

Latest Threads