And now for something positive... McDonald's employees save family.

djwilbanks

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
McDonald's Employees Called Heroes, After Wrong Turn At Right Time | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE, Ohio — On Wednesday four fast food workers were being hailed as heroes after a wrong turn became a lifesaving detour.
Employees Jama Ellars, Dustin Guzior, Sonya Jackson and September Houser were on their way to another McDonald's location to help out Tuesday, when they got lost and stumbled upon a house on fire, 10TV's Lindsey Seavert reported.

They saw flames shooting through the roof of a two-story home, and after calling 911, rushed in to help the family sleeping inside.

"I kicked the door down and I looked to my right, and my left, to see where I was at," Guzior said. "To the left was the kitchen, and there was embers falling through the roof already."

The group carried out three children and three adults, Seavert reported.

Everyone made it out safely and not a moment too soon.

"We weren't out but a minute or so and the roof collapsed on the second story," Guzior said.

Back at McDonald's, the employees were being hailed as heroes, Seavert reported.

"If it wasn't for him kicking our door in, we would have been dead," said Kathy Showalter.

Under these "Golden Arches" four people exemplified the true meaning of service, Seavert reported.

"It's not everyday you save lives," Guzior said. "It truly is a happy meal, that's for sure."

The four each received a $500 gift from the restaurant owner, who also gave the family gift cards to retailers, to help them get back on their feet, Seavert reported.

Watch 10TV News HD and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.

huffdaddy

Reaction score
I thought it was going to say they refused to serve them. :D

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good for them. I always like a happy ending.

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
Very cool to read a positive story. Kudos to those people for their selfless act.

Latest Threads