Analogman Mini Bi-comp...digging it!

2009LPGT

Reaction score
I have been on the hunt for my compressor for awhile now. I have tried the 4-knob Keeley, several of the MXR Dyna-Comps and its variants, Boss CS-2 and CS-3, Demeter Compulator, Wampler Ego compressor and the Barber Tone Press.

I have been using a Line 6 Constrictor for a couple years now and none of the above units were able to kick this ugly, non-true-bypass pedal off of my board. The Compulator and the Tone Press I only tried in the store and the Tone Press had the most potential but I also enjoyed the Compulator, it was instant “funk” land (very quiet but chopped the bass!)

Enter the Analogman Mini-Bicomp! – This one seems to have “stuck.” I ordered this based partly on reviews but mainly because I have been so thoroughly satisfied with my King of Tone pedal from Analogman. I had not expected to like the Orange Squeezer side but I love it and use it equally as much as the Ross side. Both are very quiet, well as quiet as compressors can be. The only noise that is added is what you expect of a high quality compressor. The Ross side is not as “buttery” as the Keeley was but also not as “toppy” as the Wampler was. Very nice balance in voice. I have not touched the internal attack trim pot. It came from the builder set right where I like it. I generally set it for lighter, more transparent duties while the OS side is right there for full on country squish! The last thing I will say is that it sounds good with both compressors on at the same time! Weird and unexpected! So this thing has three compression tones at your feet. Pretty handy! Spendy but worth every penny!

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting CompROSSor for quite a while. I've never had a compressor before, but it looks like fun. And I may as well start with a good one, right?
Thanks for the review. I'll look into upping my plan to the Bi-Comp. Sounds pretty cool.

2009LPGT

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting CompROSSor for quite a while. I've never had a compressor before, but it looks like fun. And I may as well start with a good one, right?
Thanks for the review. I'll look into upping my plan to the Bi-Comp. Sounds pretty cool.

Got some nice gear in your line up, it should be right at home!! :)

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I've been building it up for a little while, replacing the cheap stuff bit by bit. Next I'm getting a Teese Picture Wah, then the compressor (either the CompROSSor or the Bi-Comp), and finally, I think I have decided on a Malekko Ekko 616. It'll probably take another year to get it all, but patience has paid off so far. I'll have to build another pedalboard, but I do anyway, since mine was full before I got the vibe pedal.

studio1087

Reaction score
I don't have a Bi-Comp but I do have both of the Bi-Comp pedals separately.

I have a Juicer and a CompROSSer.

They way they react to playing dynamics is amazing. I have more than 10 compressors and the AnalogMan stuff is the best. Worth every penny.

Latest Threads