AnalogMan King Of Tone

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somehow we went from 2 to 3 years wait. I’ll have learned Freebird by the time I receive it. Should sound incredible!

joeh77

Reaction score
I have, I think, V2 from 2004 with SN 112. Its not going anywhere, but probably should get on the list for the latest and greatest!

Joe

Heppe

Reaction score
Finally placed my order!
Went with high gain both sides.
Really looking forward to trying out with my 1 watt marshalls

monstruo_loco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I feel for those who’ve waited so long...
Fortunately I was able to get mine in less than two years (high gain red side) & should’ve got right back on the list to buy another - not to flip but since it’s likely Mike won’t keep making these forever & I’d feel better having a back-up. Something I’d tried telling people who write this one off quickly is that you have to try changing the internal dip switches, also if I ever got in line and made my way to the top of the list I might go with both sides yellow, bet that would make a special pedal indeed, yellow side is very good in a subtle way.

Roman4405

Reaction score
I’d love one but the used prices are ridiculous, I might just go and put my name on the waitlist and see where I’m at when my time comes. I love my Sun Face, it’s one of my favorite pedals.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man, I feel for those who’ve waited so long...
Fortunately I was able to get mine in less than two years (high gain red side) & should’ve got right back on the list to buy another - not to flip but since it’s likely Mike won’t keep making these forever & I’d feel better having a back-up. Something I’d tried telling people who write this one off quickly is that you have to try changing the internal dip switches, also if I ever got in line and made my way to the top of the list I might go with both sides yellow, bet that would make a special pedal indeed, yellow side is very good in a subtle way.
I find I'm using the yellow side a lot more now that the honeymoon is over.

Heppe

Reaction score
Finally it arrived!
My first impression is that it delivers a really tight, full and clean overdrive sound. Works very well with the Beano boost in fromt of the KOT.

I am very happy with the KOT

WhiteEpiLP

Reaction score
I’m still in love with mine, I’m also with @Freddy G with using the yellow side more then the red, mine is high gain on red. I also love how different it reacts to different amps, very much not a one trick pony.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I’m still in love with mine, I’m also with @Freddy G with using the yellow side more then the red, mine is high gain on red. I also love how different it reacts to different amps, very much not a one trick pony.
I'm back to being totally in love with the red side again! My rig consists of three basic amp sounds, Fender clean, Dumble overdrive and Marshall hot lead. The red side is amazing with the fender clean channel, the yellow with the Marshall hot lead.

WhiteEpiLP

Reaction score
I'm back to being totally in love with the red side again! My rig consists of three basic amp sounds, Fender clean, Dumble overdrive and Marshall hot lead. The red side is amazing with the fender clean channel, the yellow with the Marshall hot lead.
At home I only have a fender blues jr and play mostly bluesy stuff, the yellow side through my amp at “bedroom levels” sounds incredible. When I get to play thru larger amps like a Marshall or a Mesa dual rec the red side is amazing. So I can understand your flip flopping. For at home “metal” dirt I have a Mesa throttle box eq, which is a dual pedal essentially a boogie and dual rec in a box. I also have a very odd ball pedal from ehx, the English muffin, which is a tube preamp that is apparently a Marshall preamp, it sounds great but it’s massive in size and has the stupidest power supply ever, literally has 2 male prongs that will spark off things if pulled out while plugged in, sounds safe right? :laugh2:

Who

Well respected man about town
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somehow we went from 2 to 3 years wait. I’ll have learned Freebird by the time I receive it. Should sound incredible!
Now it's almost four years.

If you got on the list when this thread was started, you can now order your pedal.

I feel like I said that a year or so ago. The date just keeps going out.

1613418288082.png

Thrill

Reaction score
I got my "you can buy it now" email a couple years ago and still havent pulled the trigger lol. I wonder if I could still claim one

Who

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my "you can buy it now" email a couple years ago and still havent pulled the trigger lol. I wonder if I could still claim one
You can. There’s a guy in the MLP Classifieds looking to buy one right now. Maybe you two can work out a deal.

You can’t give him your place in line, but you can buy yours, then sell it to someone.

JMP

Reaction score
Multiple year wait? I get why their production is limited, but I’d personally not be able to wait 3plus years. For those that can, good on you!

goodvibes

Reaction score
Of course, the proverbial “ Elephant in the room” regarding this long wait are the assholes that are buying them just to resell them and make a profit. Greed is always at root of the World’s problems.

Who

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are those people harming the process?

If there is a person who buys and flips, he took one place in line.

If the buyer of the flipped pedal had instead gotten in line..... he would take one place in line.

Same number of pedals produced. Same line length. No impact.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Greed is always at root of the World’s problems.
Disagree.
"lack of money is the root of all evil" ~G.B. Shaw

Besides, I find it ridiculous that there is a waiting list for the KOT. Really? Hire more friggin people to build the damn things. But maybe there's a method to the madness....make something unobtainable and it's intrinsic value shoots up.

ChuckHall03

Reaction score
I’ve heard such amazing things about them, and jumped in line years back. Got my message it was ready about a month after the initial lockdown started, not the time. Kept doing some research and since I now have to play at apartment levels, can’t convince myself to pull the trigger. They said they would keep me eligible to purchase as long as I want, so maybe a little down the road. The resale value is crazy on them, but not going to buy one with that intention. If you want one, jump in line and wait like the rest of us. You’ll forget all about it until that email shows up one day, hopefully with better timing than mine did

pmonk

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard such amazing things about them, and jumped in line years back. Got my message it was ready about a month after the initial lockdown started, not the time. Kept doing some research and since I now have to play at apartment levels, can’t convince myself to pull the trigger. They said they would keep me eligible to purchase as long as I want, so maybe a little down the road. The resale value is crazy on them, but not going to buy one with that intention. If you want one, jump in line and wait like the rest of us. You’ll forget all about it until that email shows up one day, hopefully with better timing than mine did
Worth it to pull the trigger even when playing at apt levels.

Very responsive even to low vol levels

Latest Threads